Disability anyone?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
grandma loves arielle

Disability anyone?

Post by grandma loves arielle » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Just wondering if anyone has gotten disability for panic disorder & depression? I applied online today but heard it is very hard to get it for mental disorders.If anyone has any info on this please let me know. Thanks

LisaAnn15

Re: Disability anyone?

Post by LisaAnn15 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi, this is quite a while since you posted but yes, I have received disability of anxiety. It wasn't hard at all. Just had to fill out the paper work and have my doctor fill out a form as well.

taco161

Post by taco161 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:21 am

hi my name is Nick Ramsey. 24 years olds I live in burlington washington. I have a disability called asperger's syndrome and I got benefits for that. Not really for anxiety but part of the reason. Im in the process of trying to get a job right now

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi Grandma:

I have been receiving Social Security Disability benefits for one year now. Yes, it is possible to get awarded benefits for mental health conditions. The first time I applied I did the application myself online. I was denied. The second time I applied for benefits I hired a law firm. The law firm accepted my case. The key to any case is plenty of medical records from all of your doctors and/or hospitals. Usually those medical records regarding your mental health history have to be from the previous two years. It took 21 months to get my hearing in front of a Social Security Disability judge. The judge ruled in favor of my case. I started to receive benefits immediately, plus a back dated settlement. I also received Medicare benefits immediately. I have physical disabilities in addition to mental health disabilities. I am truly grateful for my law firm and for the judge who ruled in my favor. It is possible to win, but you must have extreme patience. Don't give up.
Please note that I am not giving you any legal advice, this you must decide on your own.
I am only sharing my personal experiences with you.
Good luck on your future.
LyndaLU

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”