Supplements to take while weaning off anti depressant

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Holly J

Supplements to take while weaning off anti depressant

Post by Holly J » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Hello. I was wondering if any of you who weaned off anti depressants took any supplements to help combat the withdraws. I heard fish oil but thats all I really know. Your replies would be appreciated.

coachchris

Re: Supplements to take while weaning off anti depressant

Post by coachchris » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 am

Hi Holly,

This is a great question! I, like many of you work very hard to help my body stay in a healthy, calm place. I always take a multi-vitamin, fish oil and probiotic. When I was coming off of meds I made sure I drank lots of water, used my relaxation cd and got my exercise in. It's important we under-react to any body sensations we have when coming off of meds. I had some interesting head sensations coming off of paxil and it was key for me to be able to float through that, under-react and keep my peace. Stress Center Naturals has a multi-vitamin and a sleep and relaxation product that many of us have used. Lucinda and Dr. Fisher developed it together. You can contact customer service if you want to try a free trial. 1-800-944-9460

Keep us posted. It is great to hear your progress.
Coach Chris
Last edited by coachchris on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holly J

Post by Holly J » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Thank you so much for your response Chris. WHen you were coming off paxil did you also get depression? I am so scared of getting depressed as a withdraw.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:46 pm

No depression. Drank lots of water, exercised, under-reacted and stayed positive :) Hugs!

annief

Post by annief » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:31 am

I have those supplements from StressCenter, however, my doctor doesn't want me to take them because he thinks they could upset my stomach( I've had stomach problems in the past). I would really like to try them, but I guess that I shouldn't go against my doctor's suggestion. I'm also on zoloft so I'm not sure if there would be a bad reaction. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:32 pm

A lot of people do have to take their supplements with food. I have a sensitive stomach and always take mine with food. We always recommend you follow your physician's directives. Maybe just doing the fish oil and a b-complex would be a good place to start. Probiotics are very helpful too to have a healthy gut. A lot of our neurotransmitters are made in the gut so the healthier the better!

Hope this helps.
Coach Chris

AdamRock

Post by AdamRock » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:59 pm

Nice Post.Thanks for sharing it.............:) :)

Bodybuilding Supplement Guide | Beginning Bodybuilding Supplements Guide

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”