Klonopin

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Asamsyd

Klonopin

Post by Asamsyd » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Been on klonopin for 4 years. .5 mg 3x a day. Got to the pint that I'd take it maybe once a day if even that. Now it's back in full swing (the anxiety), so why does it feel like the 3x a day now only makes me sleepy and doesn't completely get rid of the anxiety? Should I ask for a higher dose or maybe just double up when it's really bad? Maybe more frequent? Help!

scaredviolet

Re: Klonopin

Post by scaredviolet » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:13 am

I know how that can feel , you are groggy but still keyed up on the inside. We have overstimulated and sensitive nervous systems that once are in the fight or flight response it is difficult to get out if it. Im currently having a setback I'm having panic attacks 2-3 times a day mostly in the middle of the night and its awful. I'm thinking about starting Zoloft but of course im scared to death of the side effects because last time i tried it I thought it made things worse. Maybe that was just the anxiety because I feel almost as bad now. No appetite, worried this will happen again , exhausted but can't rest, intrusive scary thoughts. I keep telling myself I am worth fighting for and to love myself. I think self confidence is a big issue, we constantly doubt anything could turn out well. Keep in touch I hope you feel better soon.

Asamsyd

Post by Asamsyd » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:41 pm

I just saw your post and wanted to tell you that it sounds like we are going thru the same things. Ive been in a rut the past few days, thought it was bc of my paxil that i started over 2 weeks ago but now Im not sure. so today, when i was anxious I got up and cleaned the hell outta my house and now Im getting ready to put together my daughters kitchen set (play kitchen) and keep going until bedtime. Bc ive been having problems with sleeping well. So today I made the choice to just GO. Go and work out, dance, get active. Im listening to music too which helps me get my mind off things. Its helped so far, but Ill let you know more tomorrow after i get rest tonight. ;) God bless honey

Cord0764

Post by Cord0764 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:08 pm

I am also new to the program. I take klonopin as well. I too have suffered a set back starting in April. I am a person that will be on meds for the rest of my life. My doctor increased my klonopin which is a bit frustrating because it does make me very sleepy. I am trying to slow down my thoughts but at the same time get out and do a few things.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:39 pm

HI Cord,

How is your program going?

taco161

Post by taco161 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:26 am

This is a message for anyone on klonopin. Don't stop it cold turkey that is dangerous. Watch some youtube videos get off this stuff slowly when you are ready. I'm still on this but when I get off of it i will taper with my doctor monitoring my progress

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”