Seroquel XR

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
emily701

Seroquel XR

Post by emily701 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:48 am

I had EXTREME Body Dysmorphia and Social Anxiety. I was taking the max amount of the best OCD medication out there; 300 mg of Fluvoxamine, along with 2 mg of Abilfy. I just could not take it anymore the past two weeks, I've had this way too long and I was yearning for help. I was having multiple nervous breakdowns in front of my parents and finally they got the picture and realized the intensity of my desperation. I went to my medicine doctor and told him everything. He then prescribed me 150 mg of Seroquel along with the 300 mg of Fluvoxamine I had been taking. The two in conjunction should show improvement he said...

Well, let me tell you. It has been only THREE days on this new medication and boy do I feel a HUGE improvement. I can go outside without feeling paranoid to the max and as if everyone is focusing and looking at me. I can go into public and social settings and I feel tremendously better than I used to. It definitely takes the edge off. I can tell ya that much. And you take it three hours before bed time. And just a heads up, you feel quite sedated, at least on my dosage, those three hours before bed. During the day you just feel very relaxed, calm, and I feel extremely focused for once in a long, long time. I can sit down and read a book, I can drive well now, I can do homework for hours on end without feeling mighty anxious and depressed~

All in all, this medication was a huge homerun for me. I hope this has helped you if you were considering trying Seroquel or another medication.

Sincerely,
Emily! :D

LyndaLu

Re: Seroquel XR

Post by LyndaLu » Tue May 08, 2012 6:28 pm

I have been taking seroquel for about the past five years. I was at 50 mg each evening.
I am glad to hear that it has had such a profound effect on you and has really improved your life.
Although I am weaning myself off of my psyche meds at this time, I do realize how helpful
medicines are in our lives and how they can help us along the way to recovery. I am currently
taking 25 mg of seroquel each evening and I have not really noticed any adverse side effects
from withdrawing from this medication. PS: I am also taking 2.5mg of Abilify ( along with my
many other drugs ).
Lynda :)

bigmomma

Re: Seroquel XR

Post by bigmomma » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:06 pm

seroquel and abilify and of course my clonazapam 2mg works for me anything else make me to out of it and the kids didnt wany me like that

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”