Considering prozac

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
missyrachy

Considering prozac

Post by missyrachy » Wed May 02, 2012 12:30 pm

My doctor prescribed 5 mg of prozac. Its totally minor, which is the only thing I could possibly feel comfortable with. I have been suffering in a bad relationship for 5 years now, ok let's get serious probably 8 years. I have started to make changes but I still feel so totally consumed with negative energy, obsessive thinking and doing NOTHING. I have contacted a counsellor but haven't been able to nail down an appt yet. I am scared and I have been totally over analyzing prozac and what it does. The side effects. I am scared. Should I just bite the bullet and do this for 6 months in hopes it'll help me thru this, taking the steps to either move forward with leaving him or let go of the idea and move forward with being with him...

HELP PLEASE

missyrachy

Re: Considering prozac

Post by missyrachy » Fri May 04, 2012 10:03 am

I have to say, I was hinging on some kind of response here. Desperately checking waiting for someone to offer some guidance. I was researching like a fiend. I keep coming back to this, I don't feel comfortable taking medication. I have been down and depressed. I am ready to make life changes for myself. Today could be the last day of my life, and I need to jump up and choose life. I am not happy in my relationship. When I am with him we get along (most of the time) but I am not happy with a lot of the things. I need to choose to be with him or not. I need to do what is right for me and stop worrying so much about others. I am going to try a supplement called Good Mood (Serotonin Link). And I am going to start to try to make healthy life changes. :)

guitarrr

Post by guitarrr » Wed May 16, 2012 9:54 am

I'm in a similar situation, living with a girlfriend, and her sister. I would say just consider your guys relationship, like you could just be, probably are just obsessing a lot more bc ur stressed about your relationship. You don't need medication, and you could even just try taking a b vitamin supplement before that one. I'm glad you're thinking more positive though. You didn't mention specifics of what is going on though that's stressful, and that might help. Do you work? If not, at least you have time to work on yourself more.

mbwillow1

Post by mbwillow1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:31 pm

This is my second time on Prozac- my first was in 1999 when I took it for a year or so. Now I'm back on it again, but at a lesser dose. I take 10 mg/day and have had no side effects (except for being a little sleepy, so I take it at night).

forever young 06

Post by forever young 06 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:45 am

mbwillow is the Prozac helping you this time. how long have you been on it? I am trying to get back on it too. I took it a year and went off for 3 months and started having some symptoms of anxiety and decided to get back on as I am getting very sentizied. you were off along time. did your symptoms return? do you have panic attacks?

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”