Does medication make your depression or anxiety worse?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Dixiesmom

Does medication make your depression or anxiety worse?

Post by Dixiesmom » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:32 pm

I am not currently on any medication and have not been for several years. But, about 7 years ago (and also prior to then), I was put on many different meds (I don't remember now what they were). At the time, I was very depressed and anxious. However, I found that the meds not only didn't help me at all, they made my depression worse. And, with almost everything I took, I would have uncontrollable muscle movements. With my tongue protruding out, my jaw sticking out to one side and my neck turned in one direction - none of which I could control and the muscles feeling like they were bench pressing the max - I was told it was all in my head!! When I was able, I quit taking everything and my depression let up some and the uncontrollable muscle movements stopped all together. I have not been on any type of medication for 7 years and I have done so much better without any type of medication.
Has anyone else experienced medication actually making their depression worse and improving after quitting all meds?

LyndaLu

Re: Does medication make your depression or anxiety worse?

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:39 pm

I am weaning myself off of the meds right now. Give me three more months and I may have an answer for you on this one. !

Lynda

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”