Going off Lorazepam and feel horrible!!!!!!!

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
connielyn

Going off Lorazepam and feel horrible!!!!!!!

Post by connielyn » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:42 pm

I have been weaning off my Lorazepam for several months now. I ask my psychitrist how and he told me. He no longer is practicing he retired suddenly told his patients maybe a couple weeks before retiring so no phsichiatrist to go to now. I only go down 1/4 a pill and it's so painful. I don't kmow what i'm experiencing i feel like my throat is closing my chest is so tense it hurts so bad and my head sometimes feels so much pressure, I ache all over from muscle tension. will this ever end?? I don't sleep well. Sometimes I just want to go back up on my dosage so this goes away or will it even then. This doen't feel like the anxiety I use to have. It's so constant and strong. Is this what it feels like to wean off?? I'm haveing trouble holding down a job or living a life?? I'm taking so Chinese Formulas and the Herbalist keeps saying "be strong" no one can be this strong and feel so bad. What have others experienced when weaning off???

Peace1217

Re: Going off Lorazepam and feel horrible!!!!!!!

Post by Peace1217 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:39 pm

connielyn - I just went through this with klonopin. I wish I had written about it. Is there another doctor you can go to to get a script?
My psych died in Sept and I am now seeing a new doctor who does not like klonopin so I was weaning down. I finally stopped the pill in the beginning of March (I went down from 4mgs to .5mgs) and I began to feel cold pins and needles in my chest, my right eye was bothering me. My head felt tight, my muscles twitched, especially arms and legs. The anxiety was constant and strong. I finally spoke to a pharmacist and he said I was going through withdrawal even when my doc said I wasn't. I knew it. That lasted a week until I couldn't and did not want to have those feelings any longer.
I decide to take .25mgs because if I was going to go down to 0 from .25mgs it would be better than going from .5mg to nothing.
My doctor did say to take as needed so I have been taking .25mgs daily. I don't feel like it's enough. When your body is so used to something, it's hard to even wean down. I've decided I do not want to suffer from this any longer so I will be taking .5mg and speaking to him about possibly another anti-anxiety pill, since he does not like the klonopin. I tookj off three days this week from work and just can't function like that and why do I have to?
I think natural remedies can help at least they sound like they can but to replace lorazapam with it, may not be the option for you. You are not alone and you will be ok.
Message me if you'd like.

LyndaLu

Re: Going off Lorazepam and feel horrible!!!!!!!

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:12 pm

I am lowering the doses of some of my psyche meds and the only side effect I seem to notice is the
inability to concentrate. :shock: The meds that I am lowering doses on are : Bupropion, Lamictal, Seroquel,
Lunesta and Clonazepam. I am reducing the doses gradually and have been doing so since January 2012.
I don't know how long it will take for me to wean myself off of these medications permanently :?:
I did not know until recently what a rough time people have lowering or eliminating their doses of
anxiety medications. I did not realize the highly addictive properties of the anxiety drugs that are
prescribed. I like my psychiatrist, but probably won't be going back to see him since my health insurance
just expired. :cry: It may take a total of 6 months to eliminate the meds, this should give me time to
work on the program and gain those skills I will need to cope.
Lynda :)

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”