Medication makes things worsse!

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
1254smit

Medication makes things worsse!

Post by 1254smit » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi,
I used to take medication for 4 years, was on fluoxetine(BUT I WASNT DEPRESSED!!) well, i thought i'd never panic because i never got panic attacks after i took it! Well finally something sad happened, my highschool lost a good guy because of suicide, and MY ANXIETY WENT EVERYWHERE! This was back in august 2011, i got on buspirone with fluoxetine(Which aren't suppose to be mixed together) and i got side effects no one would believe! i had to take other medications to control the the side effects my antidepressant and antianxiety caused! I have high blood pressure now, I have a big disorder of migraines(BAD) never had em until i took it! Well i withdrew from them coldturkey(DONT DO) and i got withdrawal symptoms... Well. my blood pressure is down, i have anxiety of course, but why take medication that doesn't cure you? once you get off that med, hun you are gonnna have anxiety/depression/whatever. So i'm just saying withdrawal. and find something that makes you calm, and do this method! I'm new to it, but i'd rather face my fear head on than with the help of medication!
Just saying... :D

LyndaLu

Re: Medication makes things worsse!

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:45 pm

When I was first prescibed psyche meds they really did help me and I really needed them because
I was having a breakdown with anxiety, depression, and mood disorder. I was alive and that was what
mattered first and foremost. The meds enabled me to get back to work and function, somewhat, in
the workplace on a daily basis. But that was five years ago, and my psychiatrist has just been
prescibing me the same drugs over and over. I feel that I have been taking the medications
for too long now and that I have been taking too many medications. I don't want to be on all of the
medications any longer, it has been 5 years of drugs every day. I am hoping to eliminate the drugs
and work on the program. It must work out for me! Wish me luck !

Lynda :)

1254smit

Post by 1254smit » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:35 pm

Good luck!!
Yeah, they worked for a short term for me.. Medications for anxiety are only SHORT TERM though. But yeah you'll get better eventually.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:13 pm

I am stuck on Session Five of the program which is about eating and exercising.
I cannot go off of my medications until I learn the skills to keep myself from
breaking down again. There are 15 Sessions ? I really cannot linger on this
Session Five and let it bring me down or else I wll never finish the rest of the
Sessions. It has taken me two months to finish four sessions and I supposed to
be working on one Session per week ? Ugh. Lynda.

1254smit

Post by 1254smit » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:51 pm

- i know what you mean, i'm restarting on the program.. because i haven't been giving it my fullest. ): but you'll get it!!! (: i promise!

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:01 am

Lynda - first let me say they SUGGEST a session a week, that does not mean you are suppose to!! I spend 2 weeks or more on most sessions!! Don't get down on yourself for "not moving threw it fast enough" You are working on changing things that have been embeded in you for so long now, don't expect to get threw it so fast!! Its NOT the speed but the direction that matters!!! :)
Also, don't stress about being on medications!! There is nothing wrong with being on them while you work to develop your skills!! They can help you threw it!! You are learning so there will come a time when you are ready to be done with them, but don't even worry about it until you are to that point!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Thank you for all of the support and advice :D .

I listened to the Session Five CD today and then after that I went on a 15 minute walk outside.

The walk was a tremendous accomplishment since I never do any kind of exercise whatever.

The weather was great today and I picked a perfect day to go on a walk. :)

One of the reasons that I am worried about working on the program at a decent pace is

because I no longer have health insurance which means I can no longer afford my

psychiatric medications once my current prescriptions run out. I have quite a good supply of

my medications at this time, but I still cannot linger on a Session for too long. :shock:

I have one more thing in my cupboard that has sugar in it and after that food item is used

up and gone then I won't be buying any more products with a lot of sugar in them.

Today I also did my journaling and I listened to the relaxation CD this afternoon,

so I guess today has been a pretty good day for the program altogether. 8-)

Lynda

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”