lexapro experiences...

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
soulartista

lexapro experiences...

Post by soulartista » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi,
so after over 5 years since the panic attacks started I have decided to take medication. I did not come to this decision lightly. But I have been in counseling, quit coffee, exercise, do yoga, meditate, did the program many times as well as the phone coaching program, i feel like i could recite it in my sleep lol the program helped me immensely through panic attacks, but here i am this many years later still having a low level anxiety all the time. i kind of stopped wanted to go out. it's not that i couldn't, i could force myself, handle the anxiety and try to have fun but it just seems like too much of a hassel sometimes... i'm just so tired of fighting all of the time.... i used to be so happy all through the day and have anxiety at night and now it started in the day as well.
so anyways, i finally found a doctor that is a holistic practitioner as well and i decided to go on Lexapro. I take my vitamins, gabba as needed and some chinese herbs as well. since starting lexapro i felt it right away... except i'm not sure what i feel... i thought i was feeling less anxious, but then at the store i had body symptoms like tunnel vision and feeling like i'm going to pass out which i havent felt for years.(not since i first started having panic attacks) i'm blaming it on the meds so far and hoping it passes. i'm only on day 9, i have had some dry mouth, trouble sleeping a few nights but that seems to have passed, and some spacey floaty body symptoms which i used to relate to anxiety but since i havent had those in years i'm thinking they are the meds...

anyways, i'm really afraid of medication...makes me feel like this is my last hope and what if it doesn't work? my therapist told me she has never met anyone that has tried as hard as me to get better...that made me feel worse though like if i'm trying harder then anyone and not getting better then what will happen to me?

I want to have children someday... i dream of being a mother...being able to go out with my partner...being able to travel with her and go dancing and have sex without worry...

I would love some support or shared experience using lexapro... I know there are so many different experiences but i'm wondering if the years of anxiety has made my body more sensitive to medication? i was suppost to increase to 20mg from 10 thursday but with the experiences i was having my doctor recommended i stay on 10 for the time being. also anyone ever tried SAMe??? 1600 mg? I'm really curious to hear if it works....
thanks guys! feel so good to have you here...feels less alone in this...

coachchris

Re: lexapro experiences...

Post by coachchris » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi soulartista,

I am curious how the lexapro is going for you? I took paxil for about 10 months back about 10 years ago. I also had fears of meds. I am glad to hear that the progam has really help you and that you continue to want more for your future. Hooray!! Remember that we don't have to fight or survive the adrenalin but we do need to understand it and manage it. I hope I can help you with that. How long ago did you go through coaching?

nbast05

Re: lexapro experiences...

Post by nbast05 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Don't be afraid to try new things... it is never the end and there is always something new that you haven't tried before. It is like the parable of the man stuck on a rock in a flooded city. He prayed to God that he be saved and when a boat and helicopter came to save him he said no God will save me... then when he finally drowned and went to heaven he asked God why he didn't save him and God said I sent you a boat and a ship!!! Well don't be afraid to go through some tough times before things get better.:) It takes time... good things take time be patient... Trust God. Once you realize none of this can hurt you you will come to peace with it and maybe its there because youre still trying to find yourself or struggling with something that you have to solve. Anyways this will all pass with time...

Nick

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”