seroquel and celex?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
dude1234

seroquel and celex?

Post by dude1234 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:48 pm

I was on celexa seroquel and vistaril. I could not make it to my doctors appointment. I have been trying for almost a year and they have people helping. however since I could not make it the last time they did not give me a prescription because the law says they have to see you. a few weeks before that my doctor called in zoloft for me and told me to use it because I have been on celexa for so long.

so I quit celexa (40 mg) and earlier that month was reduced from (80mg) and I also quit seroquel 400 mg a day cold turkey both at once. I have had no serious withdrawals at all. my stomach has not felt good and felt a sick at times but I am back to doing some of the stuff I was doing.

I have been off celexa cold turkey for 2 weeks and seroqouel for 4 days.

I am scared because I had no problems with both cold turkey. I would never miss my medicine and took it everytime at the sametime just about.

I am little hesistant to resume complete normal activities because I am waiting for something to happen but so far has not. what do you guys think.

the security blanket of taking the medicine and then saying ok I took my medicine and that is what I go to do gave me peace. not having to take as much scares me a little because of the secure feeling of taking my medicine a lot throughout the day.

my pill box is down a lot and not seeing them in there worries me because it is like omg I dont have medicine.

LyndaLu

Re: seroquel and celex?

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:01 pm

I used to be a true believer in the medications, but now I am having second thoughts.

When you said that medication are a security blanket, I believe that this is true.
I have been on my medications for 4 1/2 years and now I am gradually taking myself
off of them. It will be a very gradual process over the next, at least, three months.
The amount of pills I take has been slowly overwhelming me. I take them for anxiety,
depression, mood disorder, insomnia.

I totally understand the anxiety that is created when you look into your pill
bottle and don't see too many of them in there !

Wishing you the all the best in 2012. Lynda.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”