Diltiazem - Toprol - Klonipin - Zoloft

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
timmus0382

Diltiazem - Toprol - Klonipin - Zoloft

Post by timmus0382 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:14 pm

I have been looking around these forums trying to find if anyone has been diagnosed with SVT and is taking either Diltiazem a calcium blocker or Toprol a beta blocker to control rapid heart rate. I was diagnosed with presumed SVT, no doctor has ever actually captured it on a EKG but they have put me on medications to stop the symptoms. I was on Toprol for almost 6 months and didnt have any attacks of SVT but the drug made me very tired so another doctor recomended Diltiazem wich is a calcium blocker and causes less fatigue. I could never really figure out if my extreme panic attacks were causing the symptoms of SVT or if I really do have SVT and need to be on medication for it. I am affraid to come off the Diltiazem because I am not fully over my anxiety and I would fear that without that medication to control my heart rate I could go into cardiac arrest when a panic attack comes.

I have started to exercise again and I have been getting dizzy and anxiety attacks when my heart rate hits 145-150. I cant figure it out and Im not sure if its the Diltiazem, me being out of shape, or the Zoloft or Klonipin.

I do feel that I am making progress though I am going to the gym regularly and getting 30 minutes of exercise with my heart rate around 115-130 BPM. I know thats not the greatest for a 30 year old but I havent really exercised in a few years so im probably out of shape. The cardiologists did a bunch of tests and they couldnt find anything wrong with valves or arteries.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”