Weaned off Zoloft/Surgical menopause

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Lola2007

Weaned off Zoloft/Surgical menopause

Post by Lola2007 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:33 pm

I am happy to report that with the help of my doctor I was able to wean myself off of Zoloft. I had been on it for about seven years taking 25 mg once a day. The past two to three years of my life have been some of the most stressful I have ever experienced and for me with stress comes anxiety. (divorce, empty nest, loss of job, returned to school, lost my house etc.) To top all of that I had to have a total hysterectomy in October which immediately put me into menopause and all the symptoms that go with that. Between being off the zoloft and dealing with the issues of trying to get my hormones balanced I have been experiencing more generalized everyday anxiety. I am listening to my tapes everyday especially the relaxation tape. (yes I said tapes that is how long ago I purchased this program. LOL) Has anyone out there who has weaned off of zoloft experinece mood swings, cried more easliy and in general been more anxious? I am trying to figure out if what I am experiencing is due to being off the zoloft, menopause or a combination of both things.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”