which med works well for muscle tension

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
lhsupermom4164

which med works well for muscle tension

Post by lhsupermom4164 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Been on a low dosage of remeron on and off for a number of years, and took xanax as needed. My psychiatrist up dose of remeron to 30 mg and a half of klonopin at night because of panic attacks. Due to my anxiety, i still experience periodic panic attacks but still have a problem with muscle tension in my back and chest. I am so frustrated the doctor doesnt want me to take my xanax as long as taking klonopin, buy xanax is the only thing that relieves the tension. Feeling like going off everything and starting from scratch. The doctor has talked about trying effexor or buspar. Any advice please?

Lola2007

Re: which med works well for muscle tension

Post by Lola2007 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:05 pm

I also experience muscle tension and aches and find that a hot bath in the evening does wonders for me along with one or two Advil for the aches and pains.

mphd97

Post by mphd97 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:35 pm

For me Effexor caused sever muscle pain/tension to the extent I discontinued the med. I just started buspar yesterday, so not sure about that yet, but I'll keep you posted if you like.

mosaic1989

Post by mosaic1989 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:51 pm

I have tried both Effexor and Buspar, the Effexor just a couple of years and didn't really work for me. It has been a while since I took Buspar, but I do remember it put me right to sleep, it may be different now. Probably the combination of Xanax and Klonopin would be too much for you. I get a lot of muscle tension and actually have restless legs syndrome which I take Recuip for, I know it is very frustrating. Just keep talking to your doctor, sometimes I do a combination of relaxation tapes and stretching, warm bath and sometimes even using a hand massager. Sometimes these things work really well and other times I have to pace or take a walk. Hoping you find a good combination for you. :)

mchokas

Post by mchokas » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:54 pm

I have been on Buspar for 6 months now. i dont think it helps out with the mucle tension. but it does make me very sleepy. with in 30 minutes of taking it. I am out like a light and dont hear anything usually sleeps for a good 4 to 5 hours straight after that i am tossing and turning the rest of the night!

mphd97

Post by mphd97 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:00 pm

For those of you taking Buspar and falling asleep... what is the manufacturer?!? I recently realized that the generic made by one manufacturer was making me sleep almost instantly and super dizzy during the day. Changed manufacturers and have noticed a HUGE difference in just 2 days. I'm wondering if maybe it isn't just me having this problem with the particular generic?!?

mphd97

Post by mphd97 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:04 pm

lhsupermom, have you tried cymbalta? My dad takes it for depression, but it has recently been approved for muscle pain as well. He claims to have much less tension since taking it. Unfortunately I can't take it b/c I can't swallow capsules. :(

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:24 pm

What is buspar?

Lynda

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”