Wellbutrin or Zoloft? HELP!

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
CG822

Wellbutrin or Zoloft? HELP!

Post by CG822 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:07 pm

I think its time I go back on anti-depressants. Ive been researching both of these. Ive already tried numerous others.

Any thoughts on Wellbutrin XL or Zoloft? I do NOT want to sleep my days away like I did on Prozac. I know every kind affects every person differently. I was hoping I would just get some feedback that may seem common for everyone who is taking these. :D

Lola2007

Re: Wellbutrin or Zoloft? HELP!

Post by Lola2007 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:11 pm

I was on a low dose of Zoloft for about seven years. I started out at 25 mg then 50 mg and then back down to 25 mg for a majority of the time I was on it. I felt like it really did help me in regard to the anxiety but eventally after several years wondered if it was doing anything at all. I weaned myself off it with the help of my doctor back in October and am now experinecing more generalized anxiety than I have in a long time. I didn't experience any negative side effects with the zoloft and initially lost weight when I first went on but now feel like it was attributing to the fact that I was having such a hard time losing some weight. All in all my experience with zoloft was 99.9 % positive. I have a friend who has been on Wellbutrin for a few years and she swears by it. In hindsight if I had to do it all over again I would have not gone on any medication at all.

LyndaLu

Re: Wellbutrin or Zoloft? HELP!

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:37 pm

dear CG: I have been on the generic for Wellbutrin for several years now.
I have not noticed any unusual side effects from it and I don't have
any complaints.

dear Lola: I agree, in hindsight I would not have taken any medications
in the first place if I knew what I did now. I am taking
6 different meds. I have anxiety, depression, mood disorder and insomnia !
Ugh :!:

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”