Lexapro to Celexa anyone?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
grandma loves arielle

Lexapro to Celexa anyone?

Post by grandma loves arielle » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Am losing my med ins & cant afford Lex. Has anyone switched from Lex to celexa with good results? Im applying for free meds thru drug co. assist program dont know if Ill get approved. My last resort will be to try celexa but heard bad results on another site.That scares me. :cry:

rayj

Re: Lexapro to Celexa anyone?

Post by rayj » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:18 pm

That's no good about losing your ins. I have used Celexa in the past and it worked fine for me. It was subtle and I liked that about it. I eventually weened myself off of it and haven't used it for about a year BUT, I am now needing to get back on it. :?

lostnspace

Post by lostnspace » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:02 pm

I was on Lexapro and because of the cost of it gave me more anxiety I switched to Celexa and actually had less side effects. Go figure. My councler told me if I went on the anti-depressent drugs, I would have to stay on them a whole year before I could wean myself off. I couldn't wait for that year to be over and weaned off as soon as I got the O.K. Three months later I was on the generic drug for Zoloft. If only I had this prgram back then. But now I am learning so much and I have hope.

mphd97

Post by mphd97 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:20 pm

I have never been on lexapro, but have been on celexa. Celexa was very hard on me, but I'm now needing to find an antidepressant that will work without debilitating side effects and wondering if lexapro is too similar to celexa to try??

KAMO

Post by KAMO » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:38 am

I've never used Lexapro but am on Clonazepam and celexa. I haven't had any problems accept they both make me sleepy so I take them at night before I go to bed. I just started the celexa and have not had an anxiety attack since taking it. So far, I love it for my anxiety attacks.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”