**Info on Celexa PLEASE!!**

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
HeathAnn

**Info on Celexa PLEASE!!**

Post by HeathAnn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:54 pm

Hey all,

I was on Zoloft for several months and it didn't seem to be doing much for me -- other than making me a little shaky and sick to my stomach :? I just started seeing a new doctor, and when I told him the Zoloft wasn't working very well, he switched me over to Celexa. He told me Celexa works better for anxiety, which is what I struggle with the most. I know anxiety and depression go hand in hand to an extent, but I am very mildly depressed; my biggest problem is anxiety. It's awful! I feel like my anxiety literally controls me, not the other way around.

So...anyone whose had experience with Celexa...DOES it work well for anxiety??? I did some research and as far as I can tell, it's mainly an anti-depressant that works very similarly to Zoloft. I've only been on Celexa a week so it hasn't really kicked in yet, but I'm feeling a little discouraged because my experience with Zoloft wasn't good and I REALLY need help getting a handle on my anxiety.

I was actually hoping my doctor would prescribe me Xanax or something specifically for anxiety/panic disorder but he refused and I understand it's habit-forming and all that, but like I said, my depression isn't really a big problem. My anxiety on the other hand is a HUGE issue.

I'm rambling, sorry. Hope someone can give me some insight into Celexa, and how it works SPECIFICALLY with anxiety.

Thanks ~

H.

cardave

Re: **Info on Celexa PLEASE!!**

Post by cardave » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:13 pm

How are you doing now with the celexa..I have been on celexa for a number of years and has worked really well...I recently cut back to 5 mg and started having severe panic attacks again brought on by interstitial cystitis..it has been horrible having these attacks again..I cannot seem to relax and am having panic attacks it seems hourly..I have upped my celexa back to 10 mg but am going to up it again tonight to 15 mg.

How much are you taking?

katem723

Post by katem723 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Celexa did work for me at first. It made me feel like a zombie but my panic was gone. But then after a few months it started giving me suicidal thoughts which went away as soon as I came off of the medication. Just be careful.

anita

Post by anita » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:26 am

I have been on almost every meds, but none of them work for me now. don't know what to do. yes celexa worked for me,but had a side effect(water retension).

wintrbelle

Post by wintrbelle » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:26 pm

I'm on celexa, but for depression. And yes, Xanex is addictive. It is great when you take it, but then you feel like you need to take it every day and then eventually you need higher doses for the same effect. So it is good to avoid it. Ambien has the same dependence issue (for insomnia).

ANN35

Post by ANN35 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:34 am

I have been on Celexa for about 6 months and I have not had a panic attack in months. I am feeling better than I have in a while. I do have Xanax on hand just in case I have a panic breakthrough but haven't had to take it. Also having breathing techniques helps alot also.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”