Celexa/rapid heartbeat

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
PrayingForMyBabyGirl

Celexa/rapid heartbeat

Post by PrayingForMyBabyGirl » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:25 pm

My Dr. put me on Celexa about 2 weeks ago, i thought i was already getting better then in the last 2 nights after taking my dose my heart starts going crazy, my heartbeats get so fast i almost wenr to the e.r twice. Now im assuming its the celexa because its the only thing im taking thas different. Has this happened to any of you before. It scares the crap out of me.

HeathAnn

Re: Celexa/rapid heartbeat

Post by HeathAnn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:41 pm

I'm sorry that's happening to you! My doctor put me on Celexa (switched from Zoloft) about a week ago and I haven't noticed a rapid heart rate or other extreme symptoms, so maybe you should talk to your doctor. Then again, I've only been on it for a week...I'll let you know if I start getting weird symptoms! Take care of yourself!

lulu42983

Re: Celexa/rapid heartbeat

Post by lulu42983 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:53 pm

I took celexa back in December and it put me out to the point I felt like I had the flu. I tried taking it for 2 days (at different times) to see if that would help and it didn't. I experienced every side effect there was! I would definitely talk to your Dr. about it. Unfortunately mine did not talk to me about the side effects and I ended up feeling worse. I hope it all works out for you!
Lulu

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”