What has worked for you?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Cariadlawn

What has worked for you?

Post by Cariadlawn » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:33 pm

I had a terrible bout with anxiety today, for the first time in years. I warded off one panic attack this morning when I worried that I had a serious health issue and could die. I had to talk to myself, and I think my son thought I was off my rocker, but it worked. But then, later this afternoon I was sitting at my computer and just had this horrible uneasy feeling like I was losing control and didn't know what I was capable of. I was terrified. My 3-year-old son was upstairs trying to take a nap. I quickly picked him up, grabbed his clothes and drove to my mom's and told her exactly what was happening. It was hard for me to trust someone enough to tell them what I was going through, but I felt better afterward. I just worry that they won't understand, won't trust me as a mom, etc.

I made an appointment with my OB/GYN because I have had symptoms of severe hormonal issues, and the depression and anxiety seems to coincide with my monthly cycle. They can't see me until next weekend, but suggested I call my regular doctor. My doctor will see me first thing tomorrow. I assume he will want to put me on something. Up until now I have not wanted to be dependent on drugs, but at this point I feel like I will try anything to avoid this happening again. I can't let my son see me go through this.

I'm just wondering what others who have used medication have experienced. Of course I've heard all the downsides...I guess I just want to hear some positives and which particular medications worked for you.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”