xanax = depression ????

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
pjmorales

xanax = depression ????

Post by pjmorales » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:30 pm

My panic attacks started again about a month ago so my Dr gave me xanax. It seems like on the days i have to take it i feel so depressed, like there is just a black fog all around me and i just cant feel joy. Has this happened to any of you?

brookflower

Re: xanax = depression ????

Post by brookflower » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:07 am

You should report this to your doctor. He may consider another medication or change your dose.

d1adsl5a

Post by d1adsl5a » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Stay off xanax. Find something else. Benzo's are dangerous. I just tried them for a couple months. Worst experience of my life.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:22 pm

They are known to cause depression or a down feeling. That is why they work for official panic attacks. If you don't have panic attacks, try and use the Xanax sparingly. I don't use them except for 1/4 of .5 mgs. I can tell a difference. But if you need it to fly in an airplane or something, then use it.

There is a fine line...at least for me whether to take them for just a little bit of time. As walking or eating a protein meal helps me feel better. Paislee

pjmorales

Post by pjmorales » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:05 am

Yeah thats the whole reason im taking it, i have bad bad panic attacks so i need them. I used to take them years ago and they didnt do this to me before.

dw6692

Post by dw6692 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:59 pm

I use xanax only if I'm having a panic attack and can't calm myself down. I take 0.25mg. When I do take it I find that the next day I feel down and sometimes very tearful.

ivy949494

Post by ivy949494 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:35 pm

I think I'm in an awful cycle ... I've been taking Xanax for years. My present dose is .5 mg per pill, and I'm allowed to take it up to 4 times a day (i.e., every 6 hours). I take it for anxiety attacks brought on by, hell, I don't know!!! Anything can bring on an attack ... mainly experienced when I get up to walk to someone's office / cubicle ... I get severely winded after only a couple of steps, I feel like I'm going to black out, and it feels like I'm going to hyperventilate. Sometimes, it's a struggle just to get to a private area so I can "catch" my breath -- literally, it feels like I can't breath. Then, it subsides and everything is okay. As far as taking the Xanax, I find myself taking it to try and ward off one of those episodes ... usually taking 1=2 pills at a time. I also take 1-2 pills at night with my Zolpidem (10mg) and Abilify (5mg) as I've had problems with "racing thoughts" or waking up in the middle of the night in a full-blown anxiety attack -- racing heartbeats, recounting a nightmare, etc. My doctor wants me to rein in on the Xanax, but I feel like it's the only thing keeping me going over the edge. I know I'm dependent on it, but life terrifies me without it. Any suggestions?

:roll:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ivy Kirchberg
"Risk is like fire -- you will be safe but cold without it."
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”