Pregnacy and medicine

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
dawfai

Pregnacy and medicine

Post by dawfai » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm currently on klodipin and me and my Husband are wanting to try for another baby. I'm very scared to get off this med even tho I don't take it everyday. Anybody took meds while pregnant and did it help and if so which ones? I'm going to also talk to my doctor but advice from people with experience would be great.

Thank You so much and God Bless

LMH2011

Re: Pregnacy and medicine

Post by LMH2011 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:34 pm

I accidentally got pregnant while on Klonopin and I lost the baby (I had only taken it about 5 times when I didn't know I was pregnant). Klonopin is in no way, shape or form safe during pregnancy. It is a Class D drug. There are several other drugs that are safer to take during pregnancy. Tell your doctor what your plans are and ask to be switched over to a new medication now, before you start trying. It will be much easier to make a medication change without pregnancy hormones added into the mix. Good for you for planning ahead! You're being smart about it and doing the right thing! Then you can enter into a pregnancy without worrying about what you are taking, which in turn, will help you relax. You will be taken care of and your baby will be safe. Good luck!

dawfai

Re: Pregnacy and medicine

Post by dawfai » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:52 am

Thanks! I have been off klodipin going on 2nd day now and omg i'm so moody! I only take half a pill a day but that keeps the attacks and agerophobia away so i'm praying me stopping the med won't make me go back to that stuff.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”