Abilify, can it help ocd and anxiety disorders?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
yun38

Abilify, can it help ocd and anxiety disorders?

Post by yun38 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:35 pm

I thought Abilify is mainly use for people who suffer from schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or mania disorder! So I am kind of wondering why my shrink or doctor would prescribe me that? Does Abilify help someone with ocd and anxiety disorder? Those are two main problem I am suffering.

I was told to try Lorazepam before Abilify, so not sure maybe someone else know better ?

mcshope

Re: Abilify, can it help ocd and anxiety disorders?

Post by mcshope » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:02 pm

Abilify is a new drug.... they are still discovering new uses for it... My dr. prescribed it along with Zoloft, but I don't think I will stay on it for too long... they suggest 6 weeks unless your doctor advises you to take it longer.
Lorazepam is a benzodiacepine... which is highly addictive, doctors don't like to prescribe that one to take on a daily basis, only for emergencies.
I hope this helps

LyndaLu

Re: Abilify, can it help ocd and anxiety disorders?

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:02 pm

My doctor prescribed me Abilify when I was having a problem staying up real late at night

and going to bed real late and then laying around until the afternoon the next day. I was just

not functioning properly, I had no schedule. I also am confused about what Abilify really is

prescribed for. I am only taking 1/2 of a 5mg pill each evening. The pills are so small, I cannot

really cut the 1/2 pill into 1/4 ( like I would like to do ). I am taking Abilify in ADDITION

to my antidepressant/ anxiety / mood disorder pills ! Don't know the side effects of going

off of the Abilify , but my health insurance just expired and I have a 60 day supply of

the pills, so I guess I will find out ! :shock: I cannot afford all of my meds !

Lynda

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”