xanax

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
missjess0401

xanax

Post by missjess0401 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:42 pm

okay so a little background from me.i am 28 and have had anxiety my whole life. for the past 4 years my anxiety has gotten so bad that i barley leave the house, i cant hold down a job because of my anxiety and it also stops me from going out and finding one. it is very difficult for me to be social, even with people i have known my whole life. when i am out and around people my mind goes blank i cant think of anything to say or hold a conversation. i am on session 5 of the program and for the most part i do see a light at the end of the tunnel if i keep on with the program but for the past 7-8 years i have been off and on xanax. when i am off it or am not taking enough of is when i pretty much go into my little shell. when i do take what i am prescribed i feel like i can almost take on the world. i can have fun and laugh and just enjoy life or if im feeling lonely i can call a friend up and go hang out with them. i would eventually like to quit taking xanax but i am so afraid even with the techniques that i am learning from this program, i will go back to that quiet scared of the world person that i have always been. any encouraging words?

THH

Re: xanax

Post by THH » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:09 pm

I think its great your doing the program!!! Maybe you are what ifing again, when I come off the zanax I will be the old person I was? Keep trying it takes time to really learn how to cope and have confidence in yourself.
I was afraid to take zanax as I have a fear of taking meds. I finally took it and it helped me. I knew I wanted to work on things as when I took zanax I could handle things with out getting all panicky. This told me "mind over matter" And I really didn't have any thing wrong with me. Just my thoughts, and lack coping skills, being assertive, and dwelling or getting obsessive on my health. I bought this program and have been through it several times. I very rarely take zanax now, but I will if I get really stuck. Its good to keep trying, you can do this! Just practice.
Good luck! ;)

John61

Re: xanax

Post by John61 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Don't worry about the Xanax too much you'll go off when the time feels right. It is going to be a little scary but make sure you go off very slowly. I went off Klonopin and was scared but I took my time and it wasn't so bad. The doctor wanted me to taper down over a 2 week period and I stretched it out to 6 weeks because I didn't want to feel it too much. Everyone gets crazy about xanax because people use it irresponsibly or for recreational purposes but if you use it correctly it has helped alot of people.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”