feeling quite anxious

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
bob p

feeling quite anxious

Post by bob p » Sun May 15, 2011 11:29 pm

hello wondering if anyone has any good remedies for having that anxious (nervous) feeling in you stomach. it is so tough to just ignore it. i have been on 25 mg of paxil cr and about 3 mnths ago i went down to 12.5 mg cr then 2 mnths ago i wnt dwn to 10 mg of the straight stuff and felt depression so i went back up to 12.5 mg cr a few days ago and i just have this nervous feeling that is tough to shake. i guess it is the change in my dosage of meds but it is so small that it s tough to beleive. any help.

Paisleegreen

Re: feeling quite anxious

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon May 16, 2011 7:10 pm

When I weaned off of antidepressants I first got a rubbery leg feeling or "jelly legs" as I read others say it. Now I've been off of AD's for 5 months and do know about the nervous stomach feeling. All I can say is what helps me is to eat food with Omega 3's in it. Such as eggs and fish. Tuna and sea food helps me as well as high protein such as chicken and beef. Stay away from caffeine, chocolate, sugar, as much as you can. Eat almonds, peanuts and walnuts, besides other nuts. I drink milk as well and eat white bread as with a nervous stomach or "gut" region you might experience loose bowels, which I found that once I was off of AD's and aspirin or advil I was no longer constipated.

So keep that in mind if you haven't experienced that. Although, now I feel comfortable in taking advil or aspirin but reaize that is what causes my stomach to feel differently. Exercise helps as well with jittery feelings. Good Luck! Paislee :mrgreen:

bob p

Re: feeling quite anxious

Post by bob p » Tue May 17, 2011 6:24 am

thank you. i feel better already.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”