going off paxil cr 25mg

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
bob p

going off paxil cr 25mg

Post by bob p » Sat May 07, 2011 11:49 pm

i have been on paxilcr 25mg for about 7-8 years and am now coming off of the meds. i went from 25cr mg to 12.5cr mg and now i am on 10 mg of the straight paxil. i have had some depression and just dullness. i believe these feeling are going to go away but it would be nice if i heard some great positive stories about coming off of paxil cr. thanks

John61

Re: going off paxil cr 25mg

Post by John61 » Mon May 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Hey good work! I've been on Paxil for about 8 years also on varying doses all the way up to 40 mg. Typically I tak 20 mg and I'm down to 10 mg right now. I'm having some issues at 10 so I'm going to sit tight until I level off. I've been off before for about 3 months but went back on. How is it going for you so far?

bob p

Post by bob p » Mon May 09, 2011 9:55 pm

wow we sound like twins. so far i am doing pretty good but i am so not used to feeling depressed. my issues are usually just anxiety and panic which has been somewhat under wraps. i have been feeling like my feeling and emotions have been affected by the paxil so i decided to try and get off. i am definitely going to have to hit the program again pretty hard but it is pretty tough with four kids and a wife that works. i can do it. what is your situation? bob

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:49 pm

I was on Paxil for three years, 2003-2006. In 2006 I felt that the medication was affecting my performance at work and I took myself off of the medication without going to my doctor first. I thought I was taking myself off of the Paxil gradually,
lowering my dose each week.

I found it to be a drug that was VERY difficult to withdraw from. Afterwards I did some reading about Paxil and read stories about other users having a very, very difficult time discontinuing their use of this drug.

Don't ever lower your dose or quit taking any medicine before consulting your physician. I learned this the hard way. I crashed and burned and had a breakdown in 2007. I don't know if coming off of the Paxil had anything to do with my problems in 2007 or if I would have ended up in the same condition with or without this medicine.

I wish you luck and keep in touch to tell us how you are doing. Lynda Lu.

PS: I am, at this time, on several psychiatric drugs, but none of them is Paxil. My current combination of meds seem to be working for me, but it takes several months to get the right ones to work for you.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”