anyone ahve success when they up'd their dose?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Holly J

anyone ahve success when they up'd their dose?

Post by Holly J » Fri May 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Hello. I am on pristiq 50mg. I have been feeling like my intrusive thoughts have been coming back more and more and I am getting depressed from this. I was wondering if I could hear any good stories on anyone who was not doing well on a lower dose of an anti depressant and when you went up you felt better. Thank you and God bless you all!

bob p

Re: anyone ahve success when they up'd their dose?

Post by bob p » Thu May 12, 2011 9:55 pm

holly i have been on paxil cr 25 mg for about 8 years. i just went down to 12.5 and then 10 for about 4 months altogether. things were pretty rough, i acually felt very depressed which i am not used to ( i am usually anxious). so i just went back up (today) to 12.5 and i actually feel better. this could all be in my head but who cares as long as i am feeling better. down the road, when life gets a little less hectic, i am going to give it a go again. i wish you all of the luck. stick to the program and you WILL be ok.

Pauly J

Re: anyone ahve success when they up'd their dose?

Post by Pauly J » Sat May 21, 2011 3:02 am

I was on Doxepin 50 mgs to start, and in about 3-4 weeks, my panic attacks disappeared, depression lifted, and my general anxiety level improved about 90%! A few weeks later, I was experiencing some anxiety symptoms as I once did before the meds! I was concerned about medication poop-out, but was told to up my dosage to 100 mgs, and low and behold, that did the trick! Once again, I am feeling great!

pauly j

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”