anyone on BuSpar?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
grandma loves arielle

anyone on BuSpar?

Post by grandma loves arielle » Tue May 03, 2011 8:38 pm

My daugter is 30 with a 4 yr. old daughter and unfortunately inherited anxiety & panic disorder from me and my mother. Our Doc gave her 20mg. of prozac 2 months ago which wasnt working, so he increased to 40 and now its worse. So today went back to Doc and asked for a benzo and he says no way go to a phychiatrist if you want that which she has no insurance so she cant. Now he has her weaning off prozac while adding BuSpar! I feel so bad for her knowing how this feels. This same Doc has me on Lexapro and ativan. I dont get it although I am 53. Why would he give it to me and not her? Im thinking it must be because shes younger.Anyone having good results with BuSpar? Appriciate any feedback. Im ready to ditch this Doc who we have gone to since shes a baby.It really frustrates me!

colycole

Re: anyone on BuSpar?

Post by colycole » Thu May 12, 2011 11:43 am

my doc had me on xanax 0.50 three times a day. after two years I have experienced rebound anxiety as it wears off in 3 hour. my doc has added buspar to my med while I take the xanax. it takes 3 days to one week to reach therapeutic levels. he said once I see myself start calming down we would wean off the xanax. its only been two days but I can somewhat notice a difference.

grandma loves arielle

Post by grandma loves arielle » Thu May 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Thanks for the input, my daughter is feeling better now but shes still weaning down off the prozac.Are you on any other meds? Hope it all works out for you.

johnnyG

Post by johnnyG » Sun May 15, 2011 9:20 pm

I've been on remeron, klonipin, and buspar for a year. I quit taking the Buspar and noticed no difference
in my state of health or mind. It seems like from posts Ive read that Buspar doesn"t do much if you are also
on Benzos. Best wishes, God Bless
john

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”