Is this common?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Stack28

Is this common?

Post by Stack28 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:03 am

Ok here goes. I started On Lex 2 weeks ago, Initially It made my anxiety and panic attacks worse. Now starting last night I really don't feel anything. Don't really think I am depressed I am not anxious. I also take xanax as needed. Is what I am feeling common? Have I ruined my brain? I just want to be better, because I know this is hard on my wife.

Pauly J

Re: Is this common?

Post by Pauly J » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:19 am

Your medication is taking effect! It normally takes 4-6 weeks to reach a threraputic level! Some experience relief sooner! In your case, it sounds as if the start up side effects drastically reduced or disappeared altogether! You are now feeling improvements of the medication! You may even start to feel more improvement over the course of the next few days to weeks! Congratulations! The best is yet to come!

pauly j

Rubeanz

Post by Rubeanz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:54 am

What do you mean you dont feel nothing?

Amy74

Post by Amy74 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:46 am

Hi Stack28,
I started Lex about 11 weeks ago and had a similar reaction. For the first 8 weeks or so, I had terrible side effects. I had really bad morning anxiety, agitation, worsened anxiety, etc. I took Klonopin to help alleviate these, which helped. Then, when my body finally adjusted and the side effects went away, I had a couple weeks of feeling what I called "flat." I didn't feel like my normal happy, excited self, but I also wasn't experiencing panic or anxiety. I felt a little bit like I was in a fog, going through the emotions. I didn't have depressed mood, but just felt kind of dulled. It's hard to know whether this was some effect of the med, or my body just being exhausted from a couple months of pretty constant anxiety. Regardless, it went away after a couple weeks and now I am finally starting to feel like myself again! So, my advice would just be to hang in there. It sounds like you know that Lexapro works really well for you so it's just a matter of letting your body readjust to it and tolerating some of the weird side effects as it does, but knowing that this is what is going on and that it is very common and not permanent. Good luck!
Amy

sleepyby8

Post by sleepyby8 » Wed May 11, 2011 7:24 pm

I am feeling the exact same way...flat is a good way to describe it. I don't feel much anxiety anymore other than in the mornings but don't feel like myself yet either. It's hard to describe. I'm sure there could be some depression from the near constant anxiety I was feeling but I'm not sure that's it. I'm on lexapro too...bout 3 weeks by only 2 wks at 10 mg. I also have been taking klonopin for that long but will be weaning myself off that next week. Anyone else feeling this way? Amy....thanks for your insight.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”