3 meds question

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
pj1892

3 meds question

Post by pj1892 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:57 pm

I need some help here. First time posting on this site. I have been seeing a shrink (can't spell the proper name for this) since late nov2010 plus I'll call her a talk therapist. I have been taking 50mg of Seroquel XR for 9 months. I began taking this every other day starting in mid-dec. I wanted off this med as numerous people and docs except for the original doc that put me on this said I was not bipolar. We spent the winter in Tx and did not want to come off this med till I got back. I am also taking .25mg of ativan 2x a day. My shrink just put me on 5mg of liquid prozac on the days I don't take the seroquel. I am to do this for 8 days and then stop the seroquel XR and then start taking the prozac every day till I see her again in May.
I think I'm being over medicated now. My body has never tolerated high doses of anything much less a combo of different types of meds.
I am on day 4 of the 8day schedule she put me on. And twice in these 4 days I have become very dizzy and nervous.
She told me I would be mored tired than usual and somewhat dizzy. I haven't had the tiredness yet. But the dizziness scares me.
Just needing someone else's opinion besides close friends here where I live.

grandma loves arielle

Re: 3 meds question

Post by grandma loves arielle » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi, THese side effects are normal and go away after a few weeks.Ive been on lexapro for 7 weeks and I got so DIZZY I was scared until talking to people on here and reading other posts I saw that I wasnt alone. It did help to take the ativan to get through these side effects and I did need to increase it, but I wasnt dizzy anymore. Good luck and hang in there.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”