Lorazepam???

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
stiegem

Re: Lorazepam???

Post by stiegem » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:53 am

Lorazepam is like any of the other drugs in the benzodiazepam class. It takes more and more to get the same effect over time. That's one of it's highly addictive properties which makes it dangerous.

jdog499

Post by jdog499 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:55 pm

I've been on lorazepam for about a little over 2 years now. most ive taken is .5mg 3x a day but eventually got it to about 2x a day to 1 eventually. If your first starting to take it the only side effect I had got is that it made me very sleepy, which i didn't mind at all. Besides that theres no side effects I know of. If you keep it to a low dose and don't abuse it you'll be ok

johnny77

Post by johnny77 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:41 am

Hello, I was put on lorazepam about eight months ago because I was having severe anxiety due to an antideppressent I had started which is one of the side effects, also insomnia. I would take it twice a day. Once during the day and at bed time. Once my anxiety had started to subside some and I was sleeping better i weaned off it and now take none.

Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine which is a short acting medication. I think it last maybe up to 10 hours. It usually kicks in pretty quickly. It does however come with some caution that doctors warn us of. Basically it can become addicting and can make you sleepy so you want to be carefull if driving.. With my history of anxiety and panic attacks, it was recommended that I take meds that were more long term maintanance meds like ssri's, Lexipro or Prozac or something.

If I have to use this med I preffer to use it as needed only or on a tempory basis be it bad anxiety or insomnia. However some people use it daily for long term use. so let me know how youre doing on it so we can chat about it if you want :)

katielynnew

Post by katielynnew » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:10 pm

i use lorazepam as a emergency last resort and im pretty sure i havent hade any side effects from it (i was on lexapro, screwing me up at the time) but man that stuff works good and fairly quick if u chew , let it sit under ur tongue, and drink it with warm water. i like it ok, but it will put u to sleep real quick if u have to take more than a normal dose.

lindatenney

Post by lindatenney » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:02 pm

I have had depression and anxiety for over 40 years. Sometimes the anxiety has gotten just to great to bear. A few years back my doctor gave me Lorazepam to take when the anxiety got too bad. It helped and I was able to get through the day. Then I would wean myself off it. I haven't taken it for a longtime, but recently the anxiety was getting bad again so I decided to take one pill at bedtime so that I wouldn't wake up to the panic. I've been on it about a week again and it is helping. I have never had withdrawal symptoms when I have gone off it. I'm hoping to use the program to learn how to not have the anxiety or to control it. Hope you can do the same. Hang in there.

stiegem

Post by stiegem » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:47 am

You are taking 25 mg of lorazepam a day? Or an antidepressant? Antidepressants are notorious for killing one's libido. 25 mg of lorazepam is quite a bit! Care to respond?

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”