Lorazepam???

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Butcher909

Lorazepam???

Post by Butcher909 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:32 am

I just went to the doc's today she give me Lorazepam this is my first med i took for anxiety anyone else takeing this? fill me in

grandma loves arielle

Re: Lorazepam???

Post by grandma loves arielle » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi, I use this med its a lifesaver! Ive used it on & off as needed for years. I found if you use the right dose you just feel calm & normal. If you take more it can make you sleepy. I always would start with a half and wait an hour and then take more if needed. If you do feel weird you probably need more. It took me a while to figurethat out especially since we are usually anxious about meds in the first place.I recently just started lexapro and its working GREAT! I do take the lorazapam also until my body gets used to it.Its so great to feel normal again. Hope you feel better.

Emily__86

Post by Emily__86 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:45 pm

I have been taking it for the past few weeks and it's the first medication I've ever taken as well.

It's been pretty up and down for me. At first I felt that it was helping me handle situations better and making it easier to function, but then I'm not sure what happened. I have had serious trouble sleeping and believe it has contributed to making my anxiety worse. I've stopped taking it the past few days and I haven't had quite the same panic attacks that I was having on it. It's almost as if it made me more hyper and on edge rather than relaxing or sedating me.

Not trying to scare you! :( Just my experience. I hope it does the trick for you. It's a highly trusted drug that has helped many. For me, I just think I might need some kind of antidepressant or something that works a bit differently. If not that, I will continue to use it whenever a severe panic attack strikes, but not quite as regularly.

Best of luck to you!

Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:48 pm

I used this 10 years ago and worked like a charm, with no side effects to my knowledge! Well if any, it was not significant! Everyone experiences different effects from medication! You will do fine!

pauly j

mgillesp88

Post by mgillesp88 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi,

I was prescribed lorazepam when i first started having panic attacks. I will tell you this up front, If you can learn to deal with the anxiety without medication you will be MUCH BETTER OFF. Trying to get off of lorazepam was tough for me. Sure it makes you feel better in the short term, but this drug will mess with you if you take it for more than a few weeks. When i tried to stop, i had panic attacks, horrible headaches, and was tired all the time. The withdrawal gets better in time, but from personal experience, it is not worth it if you can do without it. And that's exactly what this program is for. Good luck...And remember, the drugs don't cure you. YOU CURE YOU.

Best wishes.

Butcher909

Post by Butcher909 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:23 am

thanks everyone for the info i use it for a few weeks now i feel a lil better i cant tell a big change tho. doc only give me a low dose 1mg i guess just a test for only 2 to 4 month. I think she might give me new pills tho she said get some blood test done then she will give me more not sure if it will be same pill's or new pill's

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:15 pm

I was on Lorazepam four years ago. I was on the maximum dose at that time, 3 pills per day, ( 1mg each ? ). I was going through a very difficult time in my life back them and the Lorazepam worked for me. Later on I was taken off of the Lorazepam and given some other psychiatric meds to take in a combination that worked for me and my condition. I don't remember any negative side affects while taking this drug, maybe just feeling tired.

Using the Program to combat panic attacks is the best thing to do and it is drug free. I suffered from panic attacks for a long time before I even had a clue what I was experiencing ! Now that I know what I was going though, I can use the skills that the Program teaches me to work though a panic attack if one seems to be coming on. I know what the symptoms are and how to deal with it in a better way.

Lynda Lu

stiegem

Post by stiegem » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 pm

I have just signed for this program, and am eager to begin, though I haven't yet experienced it. But I have experienced many of the psychotropic drugs, since I have been battling anxiety and depression for 40 years. Antidepressants will save you at first, but totally mess you up for a very long time. It is extremely difficult to get off them (particularly the SSRI's), as they must be reduced gradually.

I can't believe anyone one would say lorazepam is good. All one has to do, is research it themselves. Google "lorazepam withdrawal" and read the forums and programs. Does no one know about what Stevie Nicks went through with Klonepin ( a cousin of lorazepam (Ativan) the benzodiazepam drug class)? It alters you brain chemistry for a very, very long time. Do the research.

I will be posting regularly giving my feedback on this program.

kittycatman

Post by kittycatman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 am

good for those moments when there could be some anxiety. I took some before I would go into restaurants and crowed places, but only thing is; you cant take them all the time since the calming effects ware off the more you take them. Keep it handy for one of those days

hotgirl

Post by hotgirl » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:05 pm

This is the first medication my doctor put me on after my 3 strokes. My anxiety was out of control, it helped for a little while. But I keep going to emergency room with severe chest pains. I have been on several meds now and I always seem to get the side effects. It is scary. I have high blood pressure and they cant seem to get it down. At first the lorazepam worked, now it dont seem like it is doing anything. That is just my opinion.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”