any good results from Prozac?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Melodie

any good results from Prozac?

Post by Melodie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:24 pm

i have been on Wellbutrin XL for over 2 months but don't feel that my depression or anxiety is getting any better. I am having very scary intrusive thoughts especially at night which scares me to death. My Dr. wrote me a prescription for Prozac today since it's known to help depression, anxiety and ocd. Has anyone taken this or is taking it with good results?

shimdan

Re: any good results from Prozac?

Post by shimdan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Prozac was the first antidepressant that I ever took . It worked very well for me but eventually it did not help( but felt great for about a 2 years)

Catty

Post by Catty » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:10 pm

I'm not on Prozac but Zoloft (Also an SSRI) but the thing that really helped me(because I was horrible-Panic attacks all the time) was when my Dr. added a low dose of Seroquel. It helped in calming me down and really helped to slow my mind down.

grandma loves arielle

Post by grandma loves arielle » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:36 pm

My daughter just started prozac 3weeks ago and is feeling tired and blah.Shes on 20 mg. and heard this can happen as part of the side effects. Is this normal and how long does it last? Has anyone experienced this?I really want her to feel better. She takes it for anxiety and depression.

JNicoleG83

Post by JNicoleG83 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:55 am

I was on Prozac for a little over a year and it did work wonders for my depression and anxiety. It did give some minimal nausea, constipation and sleeplessness as listed as some side effects but after about 3 months that wore off. My doctor didn't want me to get used to taking the medication so I discontinued it and noticed my symptoms had returned approximately a year and a half later at full force. So I'm definitely looking back into it at least until I can gain control with usage of this program.

Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:53 am

About 10 years ago I took Prozac. It worked well for me and i eventually went off of it after improving. years later my anxiety returned and am on another med. I do not recall any side effects well at least nothing significant that I can remember. They didn't call it the "Super" drug for no reason.

pauly j

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”