Medication poop-out!!!

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Pauly J

Medication poop-out!!!

Post by Pauly J » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:21 pm

I need help on this one! I have been taking Doxepin for 28 days! it has worked great until 3 days ago! I feel different! Kind of like before was taking the meds but not as bad! I know something has changed in the way i feel! Nothing has been stressing me out of the ordinary! I am not sure if I need to up the dosage from 50mg or change the meds altogether! I would appreciate your expertise on this matter! Thanks!

pauly j

Paisleegreen

Re: Medication poop-out!!!

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:46 pm

I noticed that when I first started taking Remeron, which I no longer am on and wasn't on very long either. Depending on your stress level, some meds aren't going to work as well. Either you need to figure out what is causing the extra stress or bad feelings and eliminate it or check with your Dr to increase it.

Now saying all that, I at this moment do not recall what Doxepine is. I think I know, but I'm rusty in posting here due to the changes to the website. Paislee :mrgreen:

Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Paislee

Thanks for your reply! Doxepin is an older type tricylic antidepressant! I called my doc and he said to double the dosage from 50 to 100 mg! I hope that doesn't mean that my side effects will double! I get dry mouth and drowsiness so I was wondering if the double dosage will mean twice the side effects! Anyone know about this please advise! I am due to take my increased dosage starting tonight! Thanks!

pauly j

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Well, if you are concerned maybe you could up it by 25 mgs. That's what my Dr did with Remeron, instead of a 100 percent raise, up it only 50%. I hate dry mouth as well.

cj20520

Post by cj20520 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:57 am

i have found that whenever they increase the dosage the side affects return, but not in a greater way. Then after awhile they fade away. Everytime i increased my dosage i was fine for a couple of days and then the side affects for a couple and then the were gone. Its just a signal from your body saying its changing something. I hope this is true for you too.

Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Cj,

That makes sense! Thanks for the reply!

pauly j

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”