Bystolic and Klonopin/Clonazepam

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Onefire

Post by Onefire » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:18 am

Right now I take 5mg bystolic (beta blocker) for blood pressure once daily at night along with 1mg Clonazepam/Klonopin at night as well for anxiety. I'm 26 years old, male, in decent shape (5'7", 168 lbs. Anyone know if these meds are worth it? I really want to get off of them but I'm afraid of the repercussions.

May42

Post by May42 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:45 am

Hi Onefire - I am on Zoloft - and antidepressant and was also prescribed Clonazepam. I don't like the idea of being on medication but it has made a huge difference for me. The zoloft is a 6 month thing...just to get me out of the rut I was in. I only take Clonazepam if I can't fall asleep. I prefer not to take it as it wipes me out. How far are you in the program? Depending on the skills you have aquired you could try the relaxation at night one time and see if that helps you sleep. You might feel a little anxious if you don't take it (I did) but I "accpeted it" and gave it a try knowing that my goal was to not take it at some point in the future. Not sure if that helps - but if nothing else you know there are others out here that know what you are going through. ;0)

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”