QUESTIONS ABOUT PAXIL PLEASE!

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:28 pm

I have just been given a prescription from my doctor for Paxil actually the generic form called Paroxetine HCL 20mg! I was suggested this instead of Lexapro cause DR said it can cause some drowsiness to help me sleep! I have been not sleeping well for the past week with maybe a couple hours off and on with waking and not falling back asleep! Does anyone have good success with this pill and also do you think that this is a good recommending starting dosage of 20mg Any feedback or suggestion is greatly appreciated! Also was told to take at night before bed to help with drowsiness! Please only positive response! Thank You!

bob p

Post by bob p » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:38 pm

i have been on paxilcr 25mg for about 7 yrs now and have done great with it. it doesnt make me drowsy though. the only setback with me is trying to come off. there is alot of nausea involved but i think i can handle it and so can you. whatever your choice is good luck. do some research to see how the meds are to come off because you probably wont need them forever. good luck.

Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Thank you very much Bob! I really appreciate your response and advice!

Pauly

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”