How much Xantax - How do I ask for more - Do you have anxeity all the time?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Kirs123

Post by Kirs123 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:56 am

Hi,

I seem to do well on xantax, but need to wait an hour after I take it to drive. I wake up with horrible anxiety and the only thing that works is xantax, I do 2mg a day. I have read that one can take up to 5mg a day. I don't want to do that but would like to add another 1mg. I have learned to not drive right when I take it because of 2 mailboxes I took out. So I have asked my dr and he said that is the max, what should I do to ask for more, it is all the has seemed to work. They say I am bipolar, but I think it is just anxiety.

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:34 am

Hi Kirs123,

I know that different doctors will work with different amounts of xanax. For instance, my family doctor won't go higher than 1.5 a day. The CBT place I go for therapy will go up to 4 mg a day. I think it depends on how comfortable or how much knowledge the dr has.

Also, if you are bipolar, there are different meds for that than xanax. I know as one of my good friends husband is bipolar and he does xanax but he takes other things as well.

Maybe you could check into what else they have to offer.
Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”