PROZAC QUESTION

Questions and experiences with prescription medications

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:12 pm

I love my Prozac, it works great. I hope it works put for everyone else as well.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:20 pm

I agree with many of the comments already made--I had a few weeks of fogginess when I first started on the prozac generic, but have had no side effects since then. It took at least 6 weeks for it to kick in, so be patient. It's worked really well for me--I still feel like myself, just a calmer version of me. I just started the program a couple of weeks ago, and my goal is to eventually replace the meds with the knowledge and skills I'm learning. I'm optimistic!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:36 pm

I have been on medicines my whole life for "Bipolar" and although Lithium seemed to help me the most and what I was on the longest, I had to stop taking it as it was damaging my kidneys. Been off of that for a few years and really haven't found any combination that has helped me yet.
Currently I'm taking Lamotrigine 200 mg nightly, and Fluoxetine 400 mg nightly.
Honestly, I do not feel like getting out of bed. I have to force myself. I have a family I'm grateful for but not too many friends. I go out fairly often, but honestly I have no motivation, no desires (not even for sex: although I keep my man happy),no dreams. Nothing that I can say I'd actually like to do and enjoy.
I please the people in my life. They say I'm very nurturing and such, but that can't be the only thing I was put on this earth to do. I don't just want to be robotic all the time and just live cause I exist. Know what I mean, anyone?
Hey, just venting out. Anyone feel similar, what have you done to be happy, get interests? I sm a very outgoing person and get along with most people but I sometimes feel they don't know me. Lately I don't know ME anymore. Can't remember a lot of things that happened in my past, and sometimes I think I'm just plain going to get lost......
Thought this was a place to write what I am feeling, so I hope my whining/complaining isn't bothering anyone....
Peace

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi cupcake! Prozac works differently for everyone. I did take it for 8 months and it was ok. I didn't like it. But My mom and brother are on it and they like it. I am on zoloft which took about 8 weeks to start working. Now I feel great. It is scary to start taking a new medicine I know exactly how you feel. But just watch for the side effects and let your Dr. know. Best of luck ;)

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Originally posted by damagedsoul:
I have been on medicines my whole life for "Bipolar" and although Lithium seemed to help me the most and what I was on the longest, I had to stop taking it as it was damaging my kidneys. Been off of that for a few years and really haven't found any combination that has helped me yet.
Currently I'm taking Lamotrigine 200 mg nightly, and Fluoxetine 400 mg nightly.
Honestly, I do not feel like getting out of bed. I have to force myself. I have a family I'm grateful for but not too many friends. I go out fairly often, but honestly I have no motivation, no desires (not even for sex: although I keep my man happy),no dreams. Nothing that I can say I'd actually like to do and enjoy.
I please the people in my life. They say I'm very nurturing and such, but that can't be the only thing I was put on this earth to do. I don't just want to be robotic all the time and just live cause I exist. Know what I mean, anyone?
Hey, just venting out. Anyone feel similar, what have you done to be happy, get interests? I sm a very outgoing person and get along with most people but I sometimes feel they don't know me. Lately I don't know ME anymore. Can't remember a lot of things that happened in my past, and sometimes I think I'm just plain going to get lost......
Thought this was a place to write what I am feeling, so I hope my whining/complaining isn't bothering anyone....
Peace
you are not whinning.. you are simply sharing... afterall thats what we are all here for. i noticed that you named yourself "damaged soul" sweety your soul is not damaged, it is pure and whole. have faith and trust that one day soon this will pass. it has for many people including myself and it will for you too. have you considered taking lots of vitemin b complex and calcium magnesium? vitimins really help me.. i prefer that over the drugs..

best with my dear

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:31 am

Hi there! I was on Prozac for 5 years and it worked really well. I had to go off of it because it stopped working, as meds do sometimes...so I'm back on Zoloft...just increased the dosage today to 100mg of Zoloft actually. I worried about it all week. I figured what can possibly happen, me feel better? So I gave it a whirl. I'm so sick of being scared of taking meds, but I am the same way!! Especially when it comes to anxiety medications. Everybody reacts differently to meds. I have been on almost every medication for anxiety. Get the program. I actually got it on EBAY for 1/2 price. LOL

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”