Wellbutrin and sugar cravings question

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
King Peace

Post by King Peace » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:23 am

My sister is taking wellbutrin and her sugar cravings is out of control. But she always had bad sugar cravings. Does anyone here get bad sugar cravings on wellbutrin? Is wellbutrin known for increasing sugar cravings?
Thanks

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:18 pm

I was on wellbutrin but no sugar cravings. I loved how my weight stayed in a good range and I had energy.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:37 pm

I am on Wellbutrin and I have not noticed any unusual sugar cravings.......but I have always loved sugary foods and treats. Of course, on this program we are supposed to reduce our sugar intake, which I am finding almost impossible. But I WILL pat myself on the back for giving up coffee.....that was easier than I thought and I was a Starbucks kinda gal !
Everyone hang in there and do not get discouraged, we will be here for you.
Lynda

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:53 pm

I too am a starbucks gal so now I drink decaf
skinny lattes. You think this causes any dangers
I never hear anyone switching to decaf.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:12 pm

I've been on Wellbutrin and didn't crave sugar. I really didn't have much of an appetite with it. Now with the Remeron I'm on now, I definitely have food cravings. But I'm trying to stay fed with high protein meals before I take my night time dosage. It has lessen the desire for sweets but hasn't taken it away. Aerobic exercise helps with that as well.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”