weaning question

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
anothersideofme

Post by anothersideofme » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:36 pm

I have been on cymbalta for about two years for anxiety/panic. I've still had anxiety and a few panic attacks (Although, the attacking anxiety program has really helped me to float through them) I'm thinking that I might as well get off of them and avoid the side effects since they don't seem to be helping all that much anyway.

Here's the question...I've read that anxiety is a large symptom of withdrawal. Has anyone been through this and how do you keep this anxiety from becoming the type of anxiety that got me started on it for the first place?

Thanks, everyone!

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

I just tried two weeks ago to wean myself off my Zoloft. I started taking last Oct. for panic attacks and anxiety. It did not go to well for me. I started feeling bad and the anxiety kicked in hard. I hate this feeling but I have faith that I will be myself again. Talk with your doctor before you stop taking it. Best of wishes. JD.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:02 am

I haven't tried weening yet, but from what I hear, you need to do it very, very slowly. Ween 10% of your current dosage every 4 to 6 weeks. After you ween the first 10%, stay there until you feel good, then after 4 to 6 weeks, ween 10% of the new dosage.

My plan is to try to ween once I feel good again. Hope this helps and works. Keep us posted.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”