hypothyroidism

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Hope Overcoming!!

Post by Hope Overcoming!! » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:33 pm

does any one struggle with this condition?

Ed2010

Post by Ed2010 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:02 am

yes i do and im working with my doctors on it because some of the meds for it can cause anxiety problems

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:14 pm

Yep, me too. I've had it since I was in my early twenties, over twenty years! I take synthroid and have it checked regularly. :)
Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

tlh1249

Post by tlh1249 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:26 am

What is this condition? What are the symptoms? I have been told that I should have my thyroid checked, but I am terrified of doctors. I have not been to a family physician or had a "check-up" in about 10yrs. This is one of the reasons that I am trying this program. I have a daughter(almost 2yrs old) and want to be sure that I am healthy to be able to care for my family properly.

Isn't this a condition that can affect your wieght? I have ALWAYS been overwieght and am not an overeater, I have never understood why I have such a problem keeping my wieght under control. My wieght has effected my self esteem my entire life, I am almost 30yrs old and just want to be happy and comfortable leaving my home to go out into public situations.

Any information/help that you could give to me would be GREATLY APPRECIATED...Thank you for you help...

~Tracy

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:13 am

Hi Tracy,

Sounds like getting your thyroid checked would be a good idea for you. It is a simple blood draw. Back when I was in my early twenties, I thought I was having asthma attacks but they turned out to be panic attacks that were brought on by my thyroid being way, way out of range!

Hypothyroidism is when your thyroid is not working enough. Hyperthyroidism is when your thyroid is working too much. You can look up the symptoms on google as they vary. And YES, it can affect your weight. It can make it harder to lose weight. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Ed2010

Re: hypothyroidism

Post by Ed2010 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:04 pm

yes it is a simple blood draw for checking your thyroid but to get it done properly so you can get the proper meds if needed you should see an endocrinologist they specialize in the bodys glands and can diagnose you better.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”