Lexapro Withdrawal?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
MommyBeeBee

Post by MommyBeeBee » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:48 am

I stopped taking Lexapro 10 mg 1 week ago as well as .25 mg of Clonzepam. I had been on it for almost 2 years, but was weaning off it over the last 6 months. I had went down from 20 mg of Lexapro and .5 mg of Clonzepam to the 10 mg and .25 for the last 6 months. I was going to go down to 5 mg of the Lexapro and none of the Clonzepam for the next week and then every other day, but my husband and I think we might have gotten pregnant so we chose to get off them meds. I am having waves of dizziness...I feel almost like I am going to fall over. Also, each time the wave of dizziness comes on, it is preceded by that pressure feeling in my ears, kind of like when you yawn and your ears feel alot of pressure. Is this a normal symptom of withdrawal from these medications and how long can I expect this to go on, it has been going on for 5 days now and I need this feeling to go away. Help?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:36 pm

I know that when I went off of Cymbalta and switched to Serzone, I was having all kinds of symtoms or reactions. One thing though, was that I did feel dizzy and like I was walking at an angle. I also would trip over things. I then went cold turkey off of the Serzone. Then I had the rubbery leg feelings and was put on Xanax which I didn't know that much about.

So it might just be the withdrawal of the Lexapro and Clonzepam. Are you able to sleep okay?

MommyBeeBee

Post by MommyBeeBee » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:50 am

Yeah, I seem to sleep ok, except my 2 year old is waking me up every night. I have always been a light sleeper. But I fall asleep fine. Today I am still having the dizziness and each time it comes over me, my lips and around my mouth goes kind of numb/tingly. It is so weird. I took Zoloft many years ago for about 8 months and I do not recall having any problems getting off that. I don't remember any weird symptoms or anything, but I took these meds for almost 2 years, so that could be why. I do know that I am ready to have this dizziness go away. Do you remember how long it took for your symptoms of withdrawal to go away?

MommyBeeBee

Post by MommyBeeBee » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:50 am

BTW...thanks for the reply! :)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:50 am

When I went off of the Serzone, I wasn't on it too long at the time and the side effects I was having was exactly what the warnings say and ato go off that medication. It was easy that part because I had fallen or tripped twice and had near misses. And I knew that Serzone was a more sedating type of anti-depressant.

So going off of the Wellbutrin and Xanax was different. I weaned off and was fine except for some anxiety. I was having some family problems at the time as well. But I was also seeing a Psychologist and using Dr David Burns 10 Steps to Self-Esteem workbook. I still used Temazepam generic for Restoril to sleep as DH snores and I'm sensitive to other noises as well.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”