klonapin is it better

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Kirs123

Post by Kirs123 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:16 am

I need xantax now and I take 2mg a day and it isn't enough. It is the only thing that makes me normal, but I have had many accidents on it and now afriad to drive. I knocked two mailboxes down in two weeks and hit the cruve, I get tired while driving and when I don't take anything I get tired, so it is not just the meds.

SilverLining

Post by SilverLining » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:59 am

Hi Kirs123,

Klonopin is a longer acting benzo so in that sense it could be a better option. My brother takes it and does fine on it. I personally take xanax - about the same as you do, and have no plans to switch. I think if you find something that works for you, you should stay with it. Take care! Tammy
Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

shello

Post by shello » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:54 am

I used to take xanax and then switched to ativan which works fairly well for me except it only lasts about 6 hours. I hear that klonopin is a much long acting benzo. I would love to try it out but would prefer no need for any of it at all.
I know a couple of people who take it and they think it works great. As I have learned we are all different. good luck in your search. It scares me a little that you are so sleepy. I would definitely talk to your doctor about it.
"Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees you are in the perfect position to pray."

Hope Overcoming!!

Post by Hope Overcoming!! » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:29 am

I have been off and on soooo many benzo's, xanax can be very dangerous!!!!! Please what ever you do ..... DO NOT DRINK ANY ALCOHOL... while taking them..... I have had similar experiences on them, I have knocked over my mom's mail box.... If I were you talk to ur doc, and ask to be switched to klopin, that's what I take, i love them, also you may be amuned to them..... any questions, hit me up, I have been doin the benzo thang 10 years, now....

gardengirl1531

Re: klonapin is it better

Post by gardengirl1531 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:06 pm

Where does lorazapam fit in with these? I used to abuse it a little until my driving suffered (yeah I took out some mail boxes too) but now just take 1mg before bed and occasionally 1 mg if I get myself worked up. It too makes me tired, so I really don't like to take it before 2:00 pm

Amy74

Post by Amy74 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:23 am

Hi there,
I take Klonopin .5 in the morning and .5 at night and it works wonders. It is much longer acting than others, lasting up to 10-12 hours so you don't have to take it as frequently. I also find that it does not make me sleepy, just calm. I'm just taking it temporarily to help me adjust to the increased anxiety while I wean up on Lexapro, but it has made a world of difference. I have taken Klonopin as needed at various points in my life and I have never had any problem stopping it or weaning off. I've never had rebound anxiety from it or any undesirable side effects. Everybody works differently, but for me Klonopoin is definitely my benzo of choice!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:48 pm

I have been taking Klonopin ( Clonazepam ) on a daily basis for over a year now. I had been free of panic attacks for a while and then a situation took place that ALMOST made me experience a full blown panic attack......I used to end up at the Hospital Emergency Room. My doctor gave me a prescription for Clonazepam and it has really worked out for me. As far as side effects and driving, don't ever drink alcohol with any psychiatric medications. I am taking two .05 in the morning and two .05 in the evening. I can adjust this dose to as low as .05 per day or up to .05 five times a day.

PS: I never took out any mailboxes because of this medication, but I did receive a traffic ticket early one morning while driving to work over two years ago. I believe I received the ticket due to side effects of a sleep medication that I take every evening. People drive tired. People drive after drinking alchohol. And some people, like me, are driving to work while still having the sleep medications in their bloodstream. Remember that DWI means Driving While Impaired and driving while under the influence of medications can certainly be considered being "impaired". Be careful while on the road.

Taking the skills learned in the Program regarding Panic Attacks can really help you on your way to reducing or totaly ending your number of panic attacks. The skills taught in the Program are easy to follow and easy to learn. YOU make yourself have the panic attack and YOU can aid yourself in ending them. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing with us. Lynda Lu

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”