xanax

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Sportsgal

Post by Sportsgal » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:11 am

I take .25 mg one time a day of xanax 4 or 5 days a month. Don't want to be dependent my whole life but for now it is great for those tough days. Is this ok?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:00 am

Doctor's would say so. I was given .5 mg of Xanax when I was weaning off of some anti-depressants. I had never had it before until then. Anyway, the Drs keep giving me some more, even when I tell them I don't want to take it. I think what you are taking is very minimal and I will be weaning off of 15 mg of Remeron and will eventually have to take a "nibble" of Xanax if I get feeling too anxious.

I can already tell that I might need a "nibble" as during the night I get a scary feeling in my gut or stomach. I'm hoping as the days get longer and my exercise program increases I'll be okay.

Sportsgal

Post by Sportsgal » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Thank you for responding. I am not accustom to taking any medication so even this small amount makes me feel a little guilty. But I have noticed that if I can find time in the day to do the relaxation techniques I don't seem to get my symptoms as much. I understand that scary feeling you are talking about, keep exercising it will definitely help.

Inner Peace

Post by Inner Peace » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:09 am

Xanax has a half-life of about 11 hours, so it's out of your system in a few days. If you only take it 4 or 5 days a month, I'd say you are OK, especially since 0.25 mg is a very small dosage. But I'm not a doctor.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”