I did it, I took my Effexor Controlled Release

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
happiest girl

Post by happiest girl » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:40 am

Okay I have taken it twice, and it was weird because I had like little yet VERY STRONG panic attacks. I had apprehensions about taking it because I was afraid of getting sick or freaking out and then I did just that after taking a xanax .25.
:(

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:04 am

Okay, that is why I didn't take Zoloft or Wellbutrin at a low dose. So I was put on Remeron and Beta blockers last June.

Anyway, I immediately took my Xanax after taking the energizing Wellbutrin. ( I had weaned off of Wellbutrin then later had my first panic attack a couple months later due to stress)

When I took Effexor it was when I couldn't get out of bed due to depression. So it served its purpose at the time.

Are you severely depressed?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:11 pm

I went off of Effexor and went on Cymbalta along with Wellbutrin. I forgot the reasons why.

happiest girl

Post by happiest girl » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:09 am

I am sad, not really bad, I can't take another Effexor-it makes me sick to even think of it though I know I should but I figure after the holidays...

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:31 am

This where it is difficult to figure out. Maybe you are use to Xanax and the way it makes your feel after having panic attacks. I never had panic attacks or was introduced to Xanax before my deep depression so I didn't know the difference at the time. I only knew what Restoril can do for you to help sleeping. And I also know how hard it is to stop taking a sleeping aid.

I've only experienced the panic attacks after being off an antidepressant and xanax. I'm just wondering if Effexor is what you really need to take right now. Maybe just weaning off of the Xanax and working on stress reduction, walking, OTT Lamps, high protein foods, nuts, B-12 vitamins, fish oil.

I'll check in later, I have some errands to run. Hang in there! :) Paislee

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”