Not sure if it's worth it

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Keeping the Faith

Post by Keeping the Faith » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi there.

I just started my ADs (lexapro) on Friday. Ended up in ER tonight because of bad panic attacks upon waking (racing heart, buzzing feeling, etc). They sent me home after determining nothing was really wrong and it's a side effect of starting.

I am not sure if it's all worth it. Seems to me that would damage my heart?

Scared! VERY scared!

gemini0521

Post by gemini0521 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:38 am

I was on Lexapro, not for very long though- but I felt that it was making my panic attacks worse and I started feeling like a zombie with no emotions. I also started waking up out of sleep with bad panic attacks when I started taking it. You should talk to your doctor about those symptoms. My doctor told me to reduce the dosage and only take half a pill, but I still got the same reaction. I stopped taking the Lexapro when I got this program and I stopped having panic attacks, I am still struggling with some issues, but hopefully it will all get better with time. I would really talk to your doctor about these symptoms because panic attacks are horrible to go through and if the medication isn't helping maybe there is something else. The putting an end end to panic attacks cd really helped me! hope I was some help.
Toni Slater

happiest girl

Post by happiest girl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:13 am

Keeping the Faith-

I feel your pain, I am trying to take Effexor and having the same symptoms. That completely sucks.
I talk to my doctor and she said that it was typical but gave me something to eliminate the those feelings. I am trying it over the weekend-so I won't be at work.

Keep the faith, I know it is hard.
:)

happiest girl

Post by happiest girl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:20 am

Don't be scared everything is okay the meds are just starting to work. Talk to your dr. maybe they can give you something to elliviate you added panic.

Keeping the Faith

Post by Keeping the Faith » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 am

THANK YOU Happiest Girl and Gemini.

I spoke to my doctor, pharmacist and therapist and all agreed for me to stop...that there are other ways I can try to cope with this anxious episode. Now I just have to wait for the crap to get out of my system

If I need to try something else, at that point I will. Right now going to stick with the program and my therapist.

I HATE HATE HATE those sleepytime panic attacks! I don't get it! You are supposed to be safe and relaxed when you sleep!

struggling Christian

Post by struggling Christian » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:20 pm

I know how you feel. I am going through the same thing. I'm also having episodes of restlessness, like I can't be still. It makes the panic attacks worse. I don't know if my meds are causing this. I took Abilify before and it caused extreme restlessness. I'm on Cymbalta, Geodon, and Lamictal now. I don't know if it's worth it either. Thinking about cutting out these meds and trying the program again.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:07 am

I noticed that my restless leg syndrome went away when I weaned off of Wellbutrin. So the AD's are energizing, so they really help when you are so depressed that you can't physically get out of bed.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”