CBT + MEDS

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
LyndaLu

Re: CBT + MEDS

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Thanks for the information about that book ! I will put that on my book list !

Lynda

egriff

Post by egriff » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:49 pm

I think you'll like it. The TEA forms are really good and the books an easy inspirational read.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:54 pm

egriff wrote:I think you'll like it. The TEA forms are really good and the books an easy inspirational read.
I just read the book and I liked it. It WAS an easy read and I got the book really quickly in the mail.
I tried some TEA forms out this evening, it is like doing the negative to positive thought replacement
exercises in Session Three in Lucinda's program ? Hope you are doing well and had a good Easter.
PS: Does a person have to do CBT with a therapist or can they do it on their own with a self-help program
and do just as well ? I don't have a therapist.

Lynda Lu

egriff

Post by egriff » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:34 pm

LyndaLu wrote:
egriff wrote:I think you'll like it. The TEA forms are really good and the books an easy inspirational read.
I just read the book and I liked it. It WAS an easy read and I got the book really quickly in the mail.
I tried some TEA forms out this evening, it is like doing the negative to positive thought replacement
exercises in Session Three in Lucinda's program ? Hope you are doing well and had a good Easter.
PS: Does a person have to do CBT with a therapist or can they do it on their own with a self-help program

Lynda Lu
I knew you would like it Lynda. The TEA forms are amazing and have helped me more than all my therapists combined. I basically helped myself without a therapist, but a lot of help and suggestions from others on here were invaluable to me in my recovery. A great therapist will speed the process but the problem is finding a great therapist through all the bad ones :cry:
Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try and check in here more often :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon May 14, 2012 5:38 pm

egriff wrote:You are welcome. I hope everyone is of to a great start on their new year... And still sticking with their CBT/TEA forms :)
Indeed I will :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon May 14, 2012 5:40 pm

LyndaLu wrote:

Lynda Lu
Isn't it great that something so basic can help so much? I hope you are making great progress with your TEA forms Lynda!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue May 15, 2012 9:02 pm

lilchrissy wrote:
LyndaLu wrote:

Lynda Lu
Isn't it great that something so basic can help so much? I hope you are making great progress with your TEA forms Lynda!
I have been reading some books in addition to working on the program.
I started with Lucindas book FROM PANIC TO POWER.
Then I read the Sam Obitz book.
After that I read The 7 Wonders That Will Change Your Life.
Now I am reading When Things Fall Apart ( a book written by a Buddhist Nun ).
After I finish When Things Fall Apart I will probably be re-reading my books and
so then I will be reviewing the TEA Forms once again.
I certainly need a refresher course in the TEA Forms.

Lynda

LyndaLu

Re:

Post by LyndaLu » Tue May 15, 2012 9:16 pm

missobsessive wrote:I was just wondering how long you typically are on meds while going through cbt. I've just read a lot about the high success rate when the two are combined, and was wondering how long you usually would be on the meds. Are you supposed to take them for just the duration of the therapy if you are doing well?

Has anyone tried this before?
Is everyone writing here on this "CBT & MEDS" section off of all of their medications ?
I am still taking my medications at this time, but I am working on the program and I am weaning myself
off of the medications very, very gradually.
Lynda

JR5

Re: Re:

Post by JR5 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:36 pm

LyndaLu wrote:
missobsessive wrote:I was just wondering how long you typically are on meds while going through cbt. I've just read a lot about the high success rate when the two are combined, and was wondering how long you usually would be on the meds. Are you supposed to take them for just the duration of the therapy if you are doing well?

Has anyone tried this before?
Is everyone writing here on this "CBT & MEDS" section off of all of their medications ?
I am still taking my medications at this time, but I am working on the program and I am weaning myself
Lynda
I am and have been for years :mrgreen:
I think it is important to have the new thinking habits the TEA forms give you in place before you start weaning. That's what I did and had no problems getting off them.

egriff

Re: Re:

Post by egriff » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Lynda[/quote]

I have been off meds for quite a while now. Never felt better either. But like someone (Chrissy?) said above, you need to make sure you have new coping skills in place before going off of them and when you do taper do it really slowly.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”