75Mg Effexor XR

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Hope77

Post by Hope77 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Is anyone else on Effexor XR? Has it helped you? My doctor now wants to try this and I am not shure about taking it since I have been on so many other medications.

jadee

Post by jadee » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:37 pm

Hi Charles :) I was on Effexor XR a couple years ago, it worked wonders for me the first time around with it, I just had to be patient. I didnt start seeing results until about a month after I started taking it. I was taking it for anxiety, depression and a panic disorder. I was on it for about 8 months then was tapered off of it. If you do go for it, make sure you start off in small doses. I started taking 37 mgs for the first week then upped to 75mg after that. I didnt even need to increase my dosage for the entire time I was on it. Good luck with what you decide.

jade
When I am anxious it is because I am living in the future. When I am depressed it is because I am living in the past. ~Author Unknown

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:38 am

I was on it along with Wellbutrin, after my son committed suicide. It really helped me at the time.

happiest girl

Post by happiest girl » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:37 am

My question is how were the side effects? Just cuz it says that vomitting can be one of them and that is an anxious episode just the idea of that!

Thanks.
:)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:04 pm

I've never vomited from any anti-depressant that I can recall. I've always taken it with milk or something. Mainly milk or chocolate milk. But I do remember that I do need to eat something with it. I haven't been on Wellbutrin or like it since last February.

happiest girl

Post by happiest girl » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:32 am

Thanks, I am just nervous-imagine that! Tomorrow is the day I start taking it.

:)

jadee

Post by jadee » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 am

How is the Effexor working for you happiest girl?
When I am anxious it is because I am living in the future. When I am depressed it is because I am living in the past. ~Author Unknown

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”