Beta Blockers?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:57 am

Thank you Gary. This makes me feel better. Have a joyful upcoming holiday season.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:54 am

hi there ann. i took toprol xl 50 mg for awhile. i had no side effects at all and it did really help. i also have tachycardia episodes that i think are anxiety related. the xanax wont always keep your heart rate down where the toprol will. it will help u to save on your xanax as well cuz u wont need to take it as often to slow your heart rate. hope this helps you. good luck hon

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:21 pm

You know what? I think I'm someone who's very sensitive to med's. I've been on Toprol XL for about 5 weeks now. I've experienced some of the side effects that I absolutely can't stand. I was only on a once a day 50mg dose and after two weeks, I experinced dizzy, lightheaded and vision problems. The vision problems are what got to me. I thought at first it might have something to do with the Lasik eye surgery I had almost 4 years ago. I knew some day I'd have to have reading glasses. However, when I saw vision problems as a side affect to this drug, I immediately called my dr. I went in and talked to her and she said I may be one of those that'll take longer for my system to get use to the drug. I've never been someone who takes drugs, only vitamins, and this past year has been tough on my system with the med's I've been prescribed. Right now we're taking 1/2 a pill each day for the next couple of weeks to see what happpens. The side effects have disapated quite abit but I'm still monitoring my BP. I don't see that stabilizing at all. It's still in the 130's over 80's. Some times it's in the low 90's and our goal is for me to get in to the 70's.
Does anyone know if there's a chance that beta-blockers may not work for someone? Has anyone been put on beta-blockers rather than HBP med's and it took a long time for them to do any good? I don't like relying on drugs to get through my daily life.
I need a LONG vacation. Somewhere warm, swinging in a hammock, under a shade tree, listening to the sound of water hitting the shore. If I close my eyes, I can see it. Unfortunatly, I have to wake up soon to brush my teeth and go to bed. :):)
Love you all,
Ann

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”