Job Anxiety and Depression

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Originally posted by Dennis1371:
Every one here that feels like you hate you're job, maybe you actually hate you're job!
Good point ;)

WW

Post by WW » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:52 pm

Lots of great points made on here. I just hope everyone is coping and finding jobs that are at least partially satisfying to them :)

Future

Post by Future » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:30 am

Hello everyone,

I completed the programs a few years ago, and I return to the tapes from time to time for encouragement. The program along with faith in God has changed my life. I am doing and accomplishing things I would never have expected. I live a happy and fulfiling life. Yes I have had several jobs and currently seeking employment but it is my choice, as I only do things that make me happy. When I get anxious I always tell myself " it's only anxiety or excitement". I welcome life challenges. Take care.
"To thy ownself be true".

WW

Post by WW » Wed May 19, 2010 9:41 am

That's awesome Future! Very inspirational :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:26 pm

Thta's great Future! I feel the same way. I didn't do Lucinda's program but CBT (which Lucinda's program is based on) gave me the same coping skills that make me look forward to life instead of fearing it :)

23speedster

Post by 23speedster » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Greetings, I started this program in Apr,'10...Good to read your posts as it gives me hope! I function relatively well in my full time JOB, working for someone else,however when it comes to a business of my own, I am so stressed that I have not been able to function which adds to the stress level and adds to my depression keeping the cycle going. Being new & not sure how to do this....at least I gave it a try.

WW

Post by WW » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:44 am

Never lose your hope 23speedster!
Learning to counter my thoughts has been a blessing and helped me help myself. I'm sure if you keep at it you will find more relief too :)

23speedster

Post by 23speedster » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks for your encouragement! I started the program in Apr 2010...progress is slow, lack

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Keep at it 23speedster :)
Progress can be slow with cbt but over time it is soo worth it!

darlafred

Post by darlafred » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:49 am

I have been on the program for only one week.
I have had attacks since I was 7 I am now 51.
I have veritago since I was little but now I find I get about 10 to 20 little attacks a 4 everyday. I find that you have to give it time.
I feel a little better now, because I am using the tools, staying calm, knowing it will go away in a few min. I know deep in my heart it will take weeks to get this under control. Keep the faith.
Originally posted by WW:
Skep and Liz, you have to give it time. Nothing is gonna cure you in a matter of a few weeks. For me the answer was learning to counter my thoughts in a TEA form and relearn how to look at things from a more objective standpoint. Within a few months my life started to turn around and my anxiety started to disappear and i have not looked back. Liz, if money is a problem for you go to your local library and read the book titled Been there, Done that? Do This! by Sam Obitz and start doing the TEA form exercise everyday. It takes effort but if you do them everyday I think within a couple of months you will be feeling a lot better and more in control of your life.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”