Job Anxiety and Depression

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
bets77b

Post by bets77b » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:49 am

Mike,I can also relate, but I'm out of work and that adds to my anxiety even more. try to make the best until something else comes along. Use the commute time to listen to your tapes.

WW

Post by WW » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:34 am

Bets I hope you have found a new job. Being out of work ramps up the stress we experience considerably but it appears you have a great attitude about it.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:10 am

Bets I sure hope you found a job. This economy is really ramping everyones anxiety up. Mike I feel for you and hope you are able to find a job that you like soon.

sarahj

Post by sarahj » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:20 am

It is good to know that there is someone else out there I can relate to. I am 24 and going through a divorce with a one year old. I graduated from ASU with my communications degree 2 years ago and couldn't hold a job down for longer than two months!! I finally realized I was with the wrong person and doing the wrong thing career wise. I am now starting school to do something I will love and feel a little better each day. I know how you feel, I feel like this "thing" is not going to win, is it going to affect me and my jobs always?? I started working out again and taking better care of myself. This program does help, I started it last year and finished in March. I t gives you good coping skills so keep going and you will learn a lot from it. It sounds like you are totally normal and scared to fail, but like the program says there are no failures, just learning experiences.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:20 pm

sarahj,
You sound like you are doing great:) I absolutely love the last line in your post! Very inspiring.

WW

Post by WW » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:31 am

Wow you have a great attitude sarahj. I also found your post inspirational and hope you are feeling better all the time like I am now.

rixa

Post by rixa » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:20 pm

That is the tough part, there really isn't a way to stop it totally and frolic in the flowers like in the commercials. It's about how ya deal with it that makes life manageable. The program says that too when ya get more into it, even the lady on the cd still deals with anxiety and depression but handles it better than before.

Stressing over a job in this economy is what we're all doing. My last job caused A LOT of stress and anxiety. So bad I left quite a few nights in tears, or would go home on my lunch break and just sit in my driveway and debate if I should go back to work the rest of my shift or not.

After a few months of that I physically and mentally couldn't take it anymore. It got to the point where I went to the human resource manager just shaking and in tears having an anxiety attack to the extreme. Because I couldn't deal with the people out there so damn nosey had to know everything about everyone elses lives, because they didn't have a life of their own.

As I was shakingly trying to walk with tears running down my face EVERYONE just stared at me!Even the plant manager just stopped dead in his tracks and stared at me. I said, "If I could have a sledge hammer to go back there and knock a few people out of their chairs, THEN I could work today. But since I cant I should probably go home." Human resouces let me go home for the rest of the day paid.

That incodent happened after I finished the program even. I finally ended up quitting there to go back to school. The trick is learning how to handle situations that come up. Just keep in mind this is still reality and nobody just goes through this program and finishes and lives happily ever after. There will always be more rocks on the road.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:40 pm

A lot of really good points Rixa. I always say it not what happens but how we react to it :)
I hate to admit that I used to blame things and others for my problems but now I can look back and see that it was the foolish way I was looking at things that caused a majority of my problems.
I also like how you ended your note saying we have to stay on top of things as there will always be rocks on the road. I start my days by countering my thoughts in my TEA forms and that helps get me out of my head and into my day :)

Dennis1371

Post by Dennis1371 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:52 pm

Every one here that feels like you hate you're job, maybe you actually hate you're job! Search you're heart, read books on different jobs. I am reading books on every thing from changing what I eat... also reading books on money and every one needs money.

Books on Food are (The Wheatgrass Book) )The Miracle of Magnesium)(God's way to Ultimate Health)(Recipes for life from God's Garden) some of these can be found at www.hacres.com some have to be found at publishers website

The ones on money include (Rich Dad Poor Dad)(why we want you to be rich) also check out www.richdadpoordad.com

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Originally posted by Dennis1371:
Every one here that feels like you hate you're job, maybe you actually hate you're job!
Good point ;)

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”