Omega 3??

Questions and experiences with prescription medications

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:37 am

I'm no herbal guru but I've done some research on it through a friend who owns an herbal/vitamin store.

Fish oil (from Norway) is excellent in a smoothie. It is laced with lemon and you do not taste the fish nor does it burp back throughout the day. It is the best for anxiety. Flax oil is great but really not necessary if you take in meat. There are other ways to get your omegas that I have not tried because I am happy with the fish oil smoothie I get daily.

It's not that you won't get anxiety anymore if you take it. It is a healthy choice you make for your body and contributes to your well-being.

Yes, it is great for your cholesterol and also for your skin and hair, just to name a few of its attributes.

You also want to besure you are getting enough of a dose. With the fish oil you take 2 tsp daily. With flax oil you need 1 tablespoon per every 50 pounds of weight. With pills you need the equivalent of the liquid so you want to check that with whomever you purchase these items from.

cfe

Post by cfe » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:48 am

It's really refreshing to hear about natural remedies versus medications. The best part about the Omega fish oil is that it slowly adds goodness to your body building it up.Medication is instant relief, but it is "not adding to your health". In fact, it just messes with your brain chemistry and depletes some of your natural transmitters. When you stop taking it, the symptoms usually return. It can't hurt to add B vitamins, vitamin C and a good Multi, plus Omega fish oil and then exercise and follow the breathing techniques and meditate. Take warm baths, listen to soothing music and think positive thoughts. Its not just one thing that will make us better, but a combination of a lot of good healthy things that we need to practice. Some of us are on meds right now and some of us are also weaning off of them and gradually adding all of the above "good things for us". It took time for us to get into this stress situation, so of course, it will also take time to get out of it. Lets help ourselves and each other with more information on ways to get better!
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Lord Help me to Finish Strong - COLOSSIANS 1:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207&version=AMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqYiQK7HQ

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:34 am

HI
I take a combo Omega 3-6-9 is this the right one to take?

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:05 pm

fl2nc-that is what I take as well and I am wondering the same thing.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:40 pm

i have been on antidepressents and zanax and some kind of sleeping medicine for about 20 years i wanted off everything but didn't want to be miserable i started Lucinda's good day vitiamins on superbowl sunday and started weaning myself off everything i am happy to say i no longer take anything but the vitiamins and i am sleeping too it seems to be working fantastic for me. ask your dr. but i can not say enopugh great things about the vitiamins there is natural calming stuff in them. good luck with your journey. ps my family has even noticed i am more calm all the way around!

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:48 pm

There is a book titled "Instinct to Heal: Curing Stress, Anxiety, and Depression Without Drugs and Without Talk Therapy" by David Servan-Schreiber, M.D., Ph.D. (Outside the U.S., it's titled "Healing Without Freud or Prozac.") In the book, he talks about, among other things, omega 3 fatty acids and getting them through fish oil pills. He doesn't mention specific products in his book, but he does on his Web site to go along with the book: <A HREF="http://www.instincttoheal.org" TARGET=_blank>www.instincttoheal.org</A> (click on "Omega 3 Products US" or "Omega 3 Products UK" under "Resources" on the left side of the home page). He also discusses how to choose a fish oil pill.

I ordered OM3 from Isodis Natura last year, but never got around to taking it. I plan to order another batch, though, and try again to take the pills.

Hope this helps. :)

Cheers,
Heather

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:10 am

You are absolutely on the right track!! Omega 3 essential fatty acids are THE most important good fat for conduction of nerve impulses, transmition of communication between neurons and the ever important upatke of seratonin from the brain and the GUT! 60% of the body's neurons are in the gut! Be sure and add some good quality broad spectrum probiotics to keep the gut humming as well as the brain for excellent mood regulation!! It is wonderful that you are taking the initiative to educate yourself fully on some non pharmaceutical options! SMART!!! ;)
Take good care!
Herbalist Mom

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:56 am

My Endocrinologist put me on the Nordic Arctic Omega 3 fish oil a long time ago. I make sure I'm getting the 1,000 mg combined of the DHA and EPA. It has noticeably improved my moods.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:46 am

Hi Everyone:
My request is not really about Omega 3's.
But I do know that it will help the situation that I am asking about.
I have a friend that wants to taper off of her zoloft. I have already successfully gotten off my prescription psychiatric med. It was hard work. I would like to find some information to help my friend.
Do any of you know a site on computer that will aid in the process of tapering off. She has the Attacking Anxiety program and she feels that she is ready to try. But as many of you know it is difficult to accomplish.
I know about the site THE ROAD BACK.
But I am wondering if there are other sites.
Thank you all very much for you input.
Mary Jane

missgsr

Post by missgsr » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:53 pm

does anyone take the Good Days PM formula? If so, do you also take the Good Days vitamins?

I have a lot of trouble sleeping and have been taking vitamins for awhile and would prefer to take nighttime vitamins rather than xanax...
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”